2019-20 Schedule Thread

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hardly.

Froah sensation Jalen Smith returns and they have twin 6'10" big men coming in who are 4-star recruits.

Plus they are finalists for another 7'2" kid.
would you rather play them with Bruno AND all those kids or just those kids? I'll take my chances without Bruno.
I think the line is going to be 13-15 regardless

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Some interesting notes from ODU's OOC:
https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-odu-notes-20190531-story.html
- getting paid to play at Illinois. good opportunity to beat a P5 school on the road again
-open at Norther Iowa. pretty good mid-major over the years.
-home-and-homes with vcu, St Joes, W&M and Northeastern. I see good reason for the 1st three.
-paying JMU $75k to go to Norfolk. HUH? Why not have JMU as a home-and-home and pay Northeastern?

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
SLU just got a home and home with Boston College. Again what is DP's issue?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
SLU just got a home and home with Boston College. Again what is DP's issue?

We did just recently have a home-and-home with PSU. It doesn’t help when you go on their home court and beat them by almost 20 and then don’t crack the RPI top 100. No one wants to play a team that might beat them and then drag their SOS down...

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We did just recently have a home-and-home with PSU. It doesn’t help when you go on their home court and beat them by almost 20 and then don’t crack the RPI top 100. No one wants to play a team that might beat them and then drag their SOS down...
delusions of grandeur

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
delusions of grandeur

Imagine if we accidentally hit one of three shots to end the KSU game last season on their home court? Not good for them...

And we did beat Penn State by 19 on their home court and then couldn’t crack the top 100 RPI. That’s literally what happened.

In other words, to get home-and-homes with P5 teams, you either need to be a doormat or a potential top 50 team.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
got me wondering..
at this point Georgetown has 6 non league games left to announce on their schedule
They play 18 games in conference, home and away, and those dates and times are not set - yet
they play 13 games out of conference, and 7 of those games have been set

The GMU conference schedule is a bit more complicated; but it will be sorted out on League Day.
But there haven't been many announcements of the non -league opponents, except the tournament. The schedule listed in this thread seems to be derived from other sources - rather than the University/Athletic Dept/Basketball Team itself?

Both GMU and GT are similar in that Men's Basketball is the flagship sport on campus and potentially tho only Athletic Department profit center. GMU may have one edge in that they don't have a football team, which is a money loser on all but about 25 Universities - but does serve a unifying force delivering other goodwill and monies on some campuses.

Why haven't we seen more of the non conference schedule publicized?

2019-20 GEORGETOWN SCHEDULE
11/09: C. ARKANSAS
11/14: PENN ST.
11/21: vs Empire Classic
11/22: vs Empire Classic
12/07: at SMU
12/14: SYRACUSE
TBA: at Oklahoma St.
6 Non-Conf. Games TBA
TBA: BUTLER
TBA: at Butler
TBA: CREIGHTON