2019-20 Schedule Thread

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The most you get is 31 games, and that's only if the Cayman Islands tournament hooks us up with a non-bracketed game against one of the other 7 participating schools (ODU?).

what are the rules on exhibition game - like the one vs JHU this season?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With today's news, does this remove W&M from the list of possible OOC teams? Most coaches in DP's position don't want to play a fomer assistant.
Go sign ODU and JMU to 8 year home-and-home deals. (Who cares if we end up playing ODU in the Cayman's)
I know its not that easy, but I'm a fan and this is what I'd like to see.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
With today's news, does this remove W&M from the list of possible OOC teams? Most coaches in DP's position don't want to play a fomer assistant.
Go sign ODU and JMU to 8 year home-and-home deals. (Who cares if we end up playing ODU in the Cayman's)
I know its not that easy, but I'm a fan and this is what I'd like to see.

I’d love to see this too but as you said it’s not that easy especially with Eaglebank being busy.

Hopefully they can figure out how to do 4 year deals with teams like that though. I suspect they can plan up to 2-3 years out since they have been around and probably will be around for that length of time going forward.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Perhaps Mason has been reading the boards as we literally talked about this a couple weeks ago. They're starting another ticket package option where you can pick any 10 games for next year.

https://gomason.com/sports/2019/4/1/mason-voucher-pack.aspx

Average game price ends up being slightly less than a single ticket, but you also get a reserved seat in a decent section of your choice at a tiered price based on location.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Tried to buy sideline prime seats and couldn't see where seats were.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps Mason has been reading the boards as we literally talked about this a couple weeks ago. They're starting another ticket package option where you can pick any 10 games for next year.

https://gomason.com/sports/2019/4/1/mason-voucher-pack.aspx

Average game price ends up being slightly less than a single ticket, but you also get a reserved seat in a decent section of your choice at a tiered price based on location.

Doesn't seem to be a discount on the good seats, but may work for some of the fan base;
like those who only bring their school age children on weekends

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Doesn't seem to be a discount on the good seats, but may work for some of the fan base;
like those who only bring their school age children on weekends

Smart move on Mason to not give a discount on the premium seats. Those areas require a larger donation for season tickets. I bet if they offered the package with those seats at a discount, it’s probably cheaper per a game than buying the season ticket + donation since the packages don’t require a donation.

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Smart move on Mason to not give a discount on the premium seats. Those areas require a larger donation for season tickets. I bet if they offered the package with those seats at a discount, it’s probably cheaper per a game than buying the season ticket + donation since the packages don’t require a donation.

Based on this years pricing
Assuming 16 home games @ $18 per game and a $400 seat donation = $688 total
$688 season total/ 16 home games = $43/per game
per game price charged is $45/game
Neglecting the tax donation value of the $400 - and the "value" of getting the better and same seat(s):
season ticket holder pay $2 less per game

and the $45 price SHOULD NOT be discounted to a level less than the price charged to STH

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Last time we played UMD in College Park was fall of 2003 and lost by double digits. That was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the beltway traffic was so bad we arrived close to tip.

We then played UMD in the BB&T the following December and got hammered. the next day we played Michigan St close, which gave the team hope the following season in Dayton.

Playing UMD replaces the K-State game this past season. Its actually better for us since we still get paid (I'm assuming this is not a home-and-home or a 2-for-1) and dont have to fly to the middle of nowhere Kansas.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Last time we played UMD in College Park was fall of 2003 and lost by double digits. That was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the beltway traffic was so bad we arrived close to tip.

We then played UMD in the BB&T the following December and got hammered. the next day we played Michigan St close, which gave the team hope the following season in Dayton.

Playing UMD replaces the K-State game this past season. Its actually better for us since we still get paid (I'm assuming this is not a home-and-home or a 2-for-1) and dont have to fly to the middle of nowhere Kansas.

I was at the game in 2003. I had forgotten it was a double digit loss, I recall that GMU played them pretty tough.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are in the Cayman Islands Classic based on this (as is South Florida, Loyola-Chicago, New Mexico State, Colorado State, Old Dominion, and Washington State. An 8th team will be announced later):
The 8th team is Nebraska.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I remember get stoked to play Maryland. Hopefully that excitement returns one day.