2015-16 season predictions

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I know, it's April, but since we now have a new head coach, and hopefully no one leaves, anyone want to take a guess as to how the season will play out?

I think we will have an .500 overall record at the very least, and not in the play in game (meaning the Wednesday game) in Brooklyn.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I go into next year just wanting to see us compete, play smart, and value the basketball. Under Paulsen I am confident we'll see that. How many wins that equates to is a tough call. I'll be SATISFIED if I see improvement in effort and execution on both ends of the floor. 12 - 14 wins next year is my prediction. I'll be DELIGHTED if we finish .500 overall and out of the bottom 4 play in game.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I know, it's April, but since we now have a new head coach, and hopefully no one leaves, anyone want to take a guess as to how the season will play out?

I think we will have an .500 overall record at the very least, and not in the play in game (meaning the Wednesday game) in Brooklyn.

I hope you aren't this premature in all aspects of your life.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think reasonable expectations would be something like a 16-14 regular season record, 9-9 in the A10, at least one win over GW or vcu, and a decent RPI that gives us a chance to play our way onto the right side of the NIT bubble in Brooklyn.

And obviously our ceiling is quite a bit higher than that if everything clicks, but I'm trying to be realistic. We might not end up anywhere near those numbers, and that's ok too. We are going to have growing pains next season, and I'm not going to worry about wins and losses so long as we see a plan coming together.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
I predict Shevon Thompson will lead the team in rebounds. Really going out on a limb here.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I just expect improvement. If I can tell there is a defensive mindset, good fundamentals, and just an aroma of an offensive plan I will be happy. I will attend every home game and just revel in the pleasure. I will work hard to attain the same figure and posture as Coach P and just be happy. Solid predictions will include Pikapp being slightly enebriated at a game, possibly yelling insulting taunts at the refs, and stealing some of Son of a Gunstons hot sauce.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
19-11 - 1-1 in Brooklyn - NIT 7 seed on the road just like in 2009.
Dude, chill.
I'll echo what most everyone else has said: I just want to see improvement, fundamentally sound basketball, and our players actually enjoying playing the game for a coach who gives a damn.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I just expect improvement. If I can tell there is a defensive mindset, good fundamentals, and just an aroma of an offensive plan I will be happy. I will attend every home game and just revel in the pleasure. I will work hard to attain the same figure and posture as Coach P and just be happy. Solid predictions will include Pikapp being slightly enebriated at a game, possibly yelling insulting taunts at the refs, and stealing some of Son of a Gunstons hot sauce.

Oh and I WILL clog a toilet at the Pat Dome - twice - not three times like 2013 but twice.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dude, chill.
I'll echo what most everyone else has said: I just want to see improvement, fundamentally sound basketball, and our players actually enjoying playing the game for a coach who gives a damn.

Exactly. We don't even know who is staying and who will be coming in. Making super specific predictions is dangerous at this point.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I predict I will enjoy every single game next season -- regardless of outcome -- more than any game during the four-year Blewitt Reign of Error.