2015-16 season predictions

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The CAA semifinal game we lost to Northeastern, which was somehow only like the third or fourth worst loss of the Hewitt era.

Looking at the big picture, that game was a gift from a merciful and loving God.

If we hadn't blown that game, we almost certainly would've beaten JMU in the final -- hell, even Hewitt owned JMU -- and earned the CAA's auto bid to the NCAA tournament.

With an NCAA bid in Hewitt's pocket, we'd be stuck with his a**. Instead, we're moving on with a competent new coach.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With an NCAA bid in Hewitt's pocket, we'd be stuck with his a**. Instead, we're moving on with a competent new coach.

If Brad is the guy we think he is, he would have seen through that. That was the weakest CAA in decades without vcu and ODU. We would have been demolished by a 2 or 3 seed in the first round.

But yeah, it's a terrifying thought. I wouldn't have re-upped my season tickets if Hewitt came back. Now I'm going to upgrade!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If Brad is the guy we think he is, he would have seen through that. That was the weakest CAA in decades without vcu and ODU. We would have been demolished by a 2 or 3 seed in the first round.

But yeah, it's a terrifying thought. I wouldn't have re-upped my season tickets if Hewitt came back. Now I'm going to upgrade!

No matter how crappy the new CAA was, there's no way Mason would've fired Hewitt after Year 4 if he had one 20-win season and one NCAA bid under his belt.

Heck, that idiot TOC might have immediately extended Hewitt's deal for 2-3 more years.

Either way, we'd still be stuck with him.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Looking at the big picture, that game was a gift from a merciful and loving God.

If we hadn't blown that game, we almost certainly would've beaten JMU in the final -- hell, even Hewitt owned JMU -- and earned the CAA's auto bid to the NCAA tournament.

While G Mas has owned JMU for many years now, I think the Dukes would have handled the Pats that night. They blew the doors off NE in the CAAT Final. Moore, Davis and Goins were not going to be denied that night. Especially, after the referees gave them the game vs. DEL in the semis.

KONG

Walk-On
I predict that P8triotfan4life will show up at Brions to relish in the first home
W of the season.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason vs. Northeastern, 2013

One of the worst experiences watching a game unravel ever.

He came tantalizingly close to a miracle upset against vcu in his first year too. There's no way he beats ODU in the finals (although I think we swept ODU that year -- Blaine Taylor never beat Hewitt oddly enough). But that might have pushed us into an NIT bid...

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The worst part of that NU loss was that I already knew enough about PaulBall to predict at halftime (when we still led by 16) that we would lose the entire lead, and possibly the game. And then after we did lose, I was taunted by an usher at the Brown Spaceship.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
He came tantalizingly close to a miracle upset against vcu in his first year too. There's no way he beats ODU in the finals (although I think we swept ODU that year -- Blaine Taylor never beat Hewitt oddly enough). But that might have pushed us into an NIT bid...

Thinking about how close we came to being stuck with that clown makes me queasy.

JPgmuswim

Starter
It's real early given we've had our coach for all of a day now. I think our roster is much better than what we experienced these past couple seasons. With proper coaching playing fundamentally sound smart basketball I can see us right around .500. I will be happy seeing well a coached basketball team and seeing our players not look lost on the court. It's gonna take some time to turn this thing around so any signs of improvement will be pleasure to see.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The worst part of that NU loss was that I already knew enough about PaulBall to predict at halftime (when we still led by 16) that we would lose the entire lead, and possibly the game. And then after we did lose, I was taunted by an usher at the Brown Spaceship.
Did you kick sad usher in the balls on the way out?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I predict I'm going to be pretty accepting of any outcome short of dumpster fire in the first year.

Agreed - If I see just significant improvement in play and in the Win/Loss column I will be happy. I just want to be able to realize rationale basketball strategy and sound playing.

I don't want to look on the court and think they pulled some guys from a cricket field and made them play basketball for the first time in their lives.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like Isaiah Jackson had some type of foot/ankle surgery per his picture on Instagram.

KAOriginal

All-American
My prediction. Rough season, .500 at best. Just a big transition year.

However....we will actually look like a competent team out there for a change.