2014-2015 schedule thread

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone hitting up the scrimmage tomorrow?
I will be there. Brion's before. Figure I might need a few beers to boost my optimism. Don't expect to learn much because it will be members of an 11-20 team playing against each other. That being said, it is better than the NFL or anything else going right now. Hate the coach but still love my Patriots.

polepino

Starter
Have to say, as seemingly unjustified as the single game ticket prices are, I think the marketing department is thinking that because we are now in a "higher profile conference" we should be charging"higher profile prices" regardless of the product on the floor. Disconnected thinking if you ask me but im no marketing/business major.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Have to say, as seemingly unjustified as the single game ticket prices are, I think the marketing department is thinking that because we are now in a "higher profile conference" we should be charging"higher profile prices" regardless of the product on the floor. Disconnected thinking if you ask me but im no marketing/business major.

I looked up the other schools in the A-10 and here is what I discovered.

Mason at St. Joe's in February is $25 to $35.
Rhode Island - $14 to $96 (they have some games that are considered premium pricing)
Mason at St. Louis in February is $12 to $40
Mason at vcu is sold out but tickets were $45 (http://www.vcuathletics.com/tickets/MBB/MBBSingleGameHome)

So maybe the conference change is the real reason for the price increase.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
any updates on the Green & Gold scrimmage? Mayimba play?
Scrimmage update. Royal out, did not play, right hand taped. Edwards, did not play, dressed in street clothes. Gold 66 - Green 44. A blowout. Green team = Copes, Jenkins, Jackson, Holloway, Mayimba. Gold team = Thompson, Porter, Grey, Gujanicic, Lockett. We stink. After watching this debacle I fully expect another 20 loss season. Hewitt sat at mid court scorers table scratching his balls and was not involved at all. No energy, no enthusiasm, and a piss poor crowd as well. We truly are a low budget, no interest, no account program at this point. Embarrassing on all counts.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Scrimmage update. Royal out, did not play, right hand taped. Edwards, did not play, dressed in street clothes. Gold 66 - Green 44. A blowout. Green team = Copes, Jenkins, Jackson, Holloway, Mayimba. Gold team = Thompson, Porter, Grey, Gujanicic, Lockett. We stink. After watching this debacle I fully expect another 20 loss season. Hewitt sat at mid court scorers table scratching his balls and was not involved at all. No energy, no enthusiasm, and a piss poor crowd as well. We truly are a low budget, no interest, no account program at this point. Embarrassing on all counts.

Was it 20 minute halves or how did the timing work?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Holloway and Jenkins were major disappointments in my opinion and much to my surprise. I expected them to be leaders and to dominate, that clearly was not the case today. Jackson and Mayiba showed potential.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
actually, it was 15 minute halves.
Gold led 33-16 at the half.

Jenkins led the Green team in scoring with 11 points on 4-11 from the field and 3-5 from the line. he also had six turnovers and 7 fouls (not a typo). nobody else was in double figures. Holloway went 3-15, 1-6 behind the arc.

Shevon Thompson was 5-9 from the field, 3-3 from the line for 13 points. he also had 12 rebounds.
Marko had 13 as well, but turned the ball over 5 times. Gray also had 13 points for the Gold team.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
eh, It was just a scrimmage for the public. Not like Hewitt to let any into something intense. If 'intense' is even in this teams vocabulary.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Did Moore play?

Although I would like to have seen a box score on the game--might have sharpened my memory of the scrimmage. But here goes my unverified opinion:

I thought Moore played very well and was quietly instrumental in why the Gold team managed a substantial lead throughout the scrimmage. Gold moved the ball well and Moore, and to some extent Marko, were the facilitators. Although Moore didn't score a lot of points, he drove effectively on occasion and knocked down a few shots when he was open. Although his form is still far from "classic", the shots went in.

Jackson, although showing glimpses of talent, it seemed to me more along the lines of driving to the basket rather than facilitating others. Despite having 3 likely starters (Copes, Jenkins, Holloway) the Green team didn't move the ball nearly as well. That may be solved when Moore is on the same team with the other 3. Moore was a disruptive force on defense against the Green team.

Jenkins played his usual aggressive style but often was going too quickly. He did try to feed Copes on any number of occasions, but his passes were typically low and hard. It really didn't seem to be a matter of Copes' hands---it was more on Jenkins than Copes. Copes did look in good shape, made a couple of free throws early (and looked good doing it, much better form). Thompson's height was a real factor--he really is significantly taller than Copes and made it difficult underneath to get off uncontested shots.

Thompson's offense needs some work--he can put up some very awkward shots, but has a hook shot that, with some work, could be unstoppable.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Where is that predictor site?? Didn't it predict us 10th last year? I'm curious to see how accurate it was vs our opponents last year.

gmu05

Starter
I wonder if the Gtown scrimmage will be in the RAC, I remember someone who worked there back when Marquette came said they caught a glimpse. Anyone on here work there and notice if they have a schedule posted on the gym door? I've seen practice times on there for the team before.