2014-2015 schedule thread

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ivy League pre-season poll:
Andy Katz‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Ivy League Media preseason poll: 1. Harvard; 2. Yale; 3. Columbia; 4. Princeton; 5. Brown; 6. Dartmouth; 7. Penn; 8. Cornell.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't live in Virginia but I still try to make it to at least one game a year. I would usually buy 10 tickets and bring family and friends with me. I consider myself to be as big a fan as anyone but no way am I going to shell out $250 so my family and friends can complain all the way home about what a disorganized team we have. In fact, this may be the first year in over 15 years that I likely will not attend a single game.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
And that's probably not including the Ticketmaster service fees...At least they didnt raise the per ticket per game price for season ticket holders (still 17 a game per seat). It still sucks for the fan who just wants to come to a few games.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Now that's really F'n stupid.
I wonder if the strategy is to raise single game tickets and keep the season ticket price and mini plan price as is in order to incent more season ticket/mini plan purchases.
Regardless, unless the product on the floor improves it won't matter what the price is.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I wonder if the strategy is to raise single game tickets and keep the season ticket price and mini plan price as is in order to incent more season ticket/mini plan purchases.

Regardless, unless the product on the floor improves it won't matter what the price is.

Exactly on both accounts. It's smart marketing when a team is good to raise the single-game price to entice fans to sign up for the packages and season tickets, but that backfires when the product on the floor is so bad and you are charging more for casual fans to come see a game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

I'm pretty sure that is the thinking, but when your program is struggling, you're not going to get a bunch of people tripping all over themselves to sign up for packages -- they're gonna want to see some proof of improvement before they plop down their hard-earned dollars on tickets.

The smart thing to do, if they wanted to provide an incentive for season ticket/mini-plan purchasers, would've been to significantly reduce the prices for all of those packages in recognition of our home-court failures over the past 2 seasons.

Then you could keep the single-game tickets at $20 and you still have a financial benefit to buying a package.

Only a total moron -- or a newspaper executive -- would raise customers' prices while continuing to give them less and less for their money.

Great job as usual, Mason.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
The 3 game plan is $66 ($22/game)
The 6 game plan is $132 ($22/game)
The 10 game plan is $220 ($22/game)

I remember when games were under $10, at the door.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
After giving some thought to this, maybe it does make sense. This year is a throw away year.

The AD is giving up on casual fans. And rightly so. What casual fan wants to watch a team that is projected to finish close to the bottom of its conference?

So they will get hard core Mason fans (1500) and hard core visiting teams' fans (500). The hard core Mason fans will buy season tickets and the visiting teams' fans will buy the single game tickets. Ticket price is less of an issue for fans of visiting teams because they will likely not even know the price before showing up 10 minutes before tip-off. It isn't like they are going to say, "That is too much. I am not paying it." They are already at the arena so they will say, "It is just one game. I will at least enjoy beating these price gouging pricks."

Now if the AD was smart, they would price each game based on expected demand.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I don't live in Virginia but I still try to make it to at least one game a year. I would usually buy 10 tickets and bring family and friends with me. I consider myself to be as big a fan as anyone but no way am I going to shell out $250 so my family and friends can complain all the way home about what a disorganized team we have. In fact, this may be the first year in over 15 years that I likely will not attend a single game.

Walter,

Why not buy group tickets (minimum of 15) at $13 each and use them all or sell the excess tickets?

Ticket prices are also $13 each for youth (12 & under) & seniors (62 and over).