Goodbye Keyshawn Hall

Pablo

Hall of Famer

HONOR ROLL
"Keyshawn Hall tallied a double-double with 17 points and 13 rebounds George Mason ‘s win over Loyola Marymount "[sic]

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Some on these boards really knocking Keyshawn, I’d much rather have him on the team than not. In fact I’d hazard a guess a few of those Ws would be Ls if he weren’t on the team.

Assuming he stays he’ll end up one of the best players at Mason.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's fine to pass one-handed under the basket to an open big standing four feet away for a dunk. Not so fine when trying to pass 12 feet across the top of the key. Don't 't put oneself in the position to have to attempt a weak, uncontrolled one-hand pass like Key does. It leads to bad turnovers.
I think that one handed pass led to one turnover last afternoon…

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I think that one handed pass led to one turnover last afternoon…
We're pretty fortunate it didn't result in 3 or 4 more turnovers in the final minutes, several tipped passes.

I don't think anyone is dumping on Key, just fairly pointing out that he has some things to clean up from a ball handling standpoint. Especially with teams now focusing on him in their scouting reports.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Some on these boards really knocking Keyshawn, I’d much rather have him on the team than not. In fact I’d hazard a guess a few of those Ws would be Ls if he weren’t on the team.

Assuming he stays he’ll end up one of the best players at Mason.
I don't know that anyone is "really knocking" Keyshawn. I think people see that he can be an absolute stud. One obvious area that needs improvement in his case is turning the ball over. He leads the team with 30. There have been numerous other times when I've cringed at what would have been a turnover had the ball not bounced our way. Amari is second with 24. It's a team weakness, we're currently 12th in the A10 and 246th in NCAA in turnovers to assist ratio.

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Changing it up a bit, I was also hoping that "Patriot Pressure" would force more turnovers. To date it really hasn't as we rank #339 in that category. VERY happy with our record/results thus far but we can improve, and will need to improve, if we aim to dance.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know that anyone is "really knocking" Keyshawn. I think people see that he can be an absolute stud. One obvious area that needs improvement in his case is turning the ball over. He leads the team with 30. There have been numerous other times when I've cringed at what could have been a turnover had the ball not bounced our way. Amari is second with 24. It's a team weakness, we're currently 12th in the A10 and 246th in NCAA in turnovers to assist ratio.
And quit trying to dribble!!

Pablo

Hall of Famer

HONOR ROLL
"Keyshawn Hall averaged 23.0 points, 11.5 rebounds and shot 61.3 percent (19-for-31) from the floor in two wins for George Mason, tallying a double-double in both outings."

Pablo

Hall of Famer

HONOR ROLL

"Keyshawn Hall had 18 points and seven rebounds with three assists in George Mason’s win over North Carolina A&T"