Game 32: A10 Tournament - #8 GMU (20-11 / 9-9) vs #9 St. Joe’s (19-12 / 9-9).

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2024.

Time: 11:30 AM

TV Coverage: USA

St. Joe’s:

We lost 75-73 at St. Joe’s on Wednesday, January 31. Four Hawks scored in double figures. Xzavier Brown had 16 off the bench in 31 minutes. Erik Reynolds had 14, Rasheer Fleming had 13, and Cameron Brown had 11 in what was a close game from start to finish. They had a 34-32 lead at the half and held on for the two point win. We had a 65-61 lead with 4:58 to go but couldn’t hold the lead. We cut it to one on a 3 pointer by Okojie with 2 seconds left and then fouled Reynolds who went to the charity stripe for the final margin. Hall led us with 19 followed by Kelly with 18, Maddox with 15, and Okojie with 14.

Box Score: https://gomason.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/saint-joseph-s/boxscore/12644

The winner moves on to play Richmond at 11:30 AM on Thursday, March 14.

Discuss.

Attachments

• patriotsvsstjoe2-1.jpg
    patriotsvsstjoe2-1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 166,002

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Tough matchup again. We have them beat in the coaching department, but they are a more talented roster. Similar to last time I don’t think we matchup super great. Gonna need Billups to go captain America again defensively and we’re going to have to limit 2nd chance points. I think we’ve got a shot but if we are trying to run and gun with them I think their talent will pull away. Muck this up and make it ugly, make Billy Lange have to try to beat you.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Can I just say I hate being the early game? I've always hated it. Probably goes back to being a kid and missing these games while in school.
So far in recent years we’ve always been in the 230 or 1130 games.

Definitely doesn’t make it easy to catch the game for most folks.

Big upset number two of the season
Reinvigorated Pats - 63
Over-rated team from Richmond - 60

I'm on a prognosticating roll and I'm keeping the optimism going - We are playing much better ball right now than we were in the last St. Joe's game. We seem to have found our rotation and our offense. Defense has been pretty good all year but has really stepped up last couple games. Wild card is the Hall drama. It will be interesting to see if he plays. If he does, anything could happen (good or bad). If he doesn't, I think it will be interesting to see if this new offense can beat the rest of the league. Get past this one, and I like our chances in a Richmond rematch. Agree that Billups D will be crucial for us.

New and improved Pats - 67
Stupid mascot team - 60

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Can I just say I hate being the early game? I've always hated it. Probably goes back to being a kid and missing these games while in school.
The game starts at 5:30am Hawaii Time, which already sucks, but I also have to drop my kid off at Daycare at 6:15 so I'm gonna try and sync that with halftime. But I also have a 7am meeting with my full exec team so I'll probably miss the last 10 min of the game at least. Literally nothing good about this time slot.

GunstonsGhost

Preferred Walk-On
If we can sustain the level of intense defense that we played yesterday where Billups limited King, who's averaging 18.5 ppg to 2 points in 31 minutes then we got a shot at every game. Maddox is shooting top of his game right now. Newton looks to be finding his shot again going 2-4 from 3 yesterday. Add in a couple 3s from Polite, Kelly, and Ball and I think we have a winning recipe for stretching out any opponent for slashes to the basket.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The game starts at 5:30am Hawaii Time, which already sucks, but I also have to drop my kid off at Daycare at 6:15 so I'm gonna try and sync that with halftime. But I also have a 7am meeting with my full exec team so I'll probably miss the last 10 min of the game at least. Literally nothing good about this time slot.
You live in Hawaii. Shut up! ;-).

I'm not trying to start a controversy, but I didn't see Devin Dinkins on the bench vs. Richmond.

I think he can have a Tre Wood type of a role on the bench for next year, but I am curious to see if he returns.