• IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 65,078

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
KD Johnson a 5th year guard from Auburn (after starting at Georgia for 1 year) has just announced that hes coming to join us at Mason.

My understanding is that KD Johnson will be our starting point guard with Jeremiah Quigley being the primary backup. While KD Johnson has not ran point at the D1 level, he was recruited as a PG in high school.

KD scored 1175 points in his 4 years in the SEC and from what I was told, he is an absolute menace on the court and the type of player the other team is going to hate.

I expect his experience from the SEC will rub off well on the younger players as well as be an excellent supplement to our already existing core. This is a BIG TIME get by the staff as they solidify the back court and specifically the point guard position.

2 spots remaining.

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
KD Johnson a 5th year guard from Auburn has just announced that hes coming to join us at Mason.

My understanding is that KD Johnson will be our starting point guard with Jeremiah Quigley being the primary backup. While KD Johnson has not ran point at the D1 level, he was recruited as a PG in high school.

KD scored 1175 points in his 4 years at Auburn and from what I was told, he is an absolute menace on the court and the type of player the other team is going to hate.

I expect his experience from the SEC will rub off well on the younger players as well as be an excellent supplement to our already existing core. This is a BIG TIME get by the staff as they solidify the back court and specifically the point guard position.

2 spots remaining.
I've watched KD the past few years in the SEC. I hated him as an opposing fan. Will be fun to see him work on his transition to PG.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
NOT trying to piss on the parade but does anyone else but me have concerns about the numbers? Diminishing playing time and percentages as time went by. Point guard averaging 1.3 assists?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
NOT trying to piss on the parade but does anyone else but me have concerns about the numbers? Diminishing playing time and percentages as time went by. Point guard averaging 1.3 assists?

Pearl improved Auburn’s roster pretty dramatically during KD’s tenure so not surprised his minutes and usage went down.

Not a great shooter by any means, but defends like crazy and will make life miserable for opposing guards. His toughness is much needed in the program.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Pearl improved Auburn’s roster pretty dramatically during KD’s tenure so not surprised his minutes and usage went down.

Not a great shooter by any means, but defends like crazy and will make life miserable for opposing guards. His toughness is much needed in the program.
Yes, our PGs have all seemed recently to be a bit scared and soft against high energy hard nosed competition.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Like Kaufman said, he has not played the PG position full time in college. He has mainly been an undersized 2. In order for him to improve his chances at a legitimate pro career, he needs to be a PG. He will get that opportunity here.

By George.

Starter

But we also landed the insurance package as well