Your Newest Patriot

OP
V

Vol4Life

Walk-On
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well let me introduce you to my John Wick III room. I am the resident arsenal holder - everything from shotguns, handguns, bolt actions and those dark dark licentious black rifles that inspire passion, eroticism and fear.
I might want to look you up next time the Vols play Kentucky...

OP
V

Vol4Life

Walk-On
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Welcome to the Boards. But come on dude, we don't actually say Howdy in the Volunteer state. Don't start feeding into the stereotypes of these NoVA Yankees. ;-)

(A "Ya'll" however is part & parcel)
In my part of the state howdy is alive and well. The further south you go, it’s “Howdy Howdy!” :p I worked with a guy from Valdosta, GA, once who said, when you get that far south, they basically think of Tennessee as “up north.”

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Welcome to the Boards. But come on dude, we don't actually say Howdy in the Volunteer state. Don't start feeding into the stereotypes of these NoVA Yankees. ;-)

(A "Ya'll" however is part & parcel)
Come on y'all, let's just bless his heart!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
V

Vol4Life

Walk-On
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Come on y'all, let's just bless his heart!
Don’t you mean pea pickin’ heart? :giggle: Oh jeez, I’m really pushin’ the Southern thing now. Never mind, scratch the pea pickin’.

Last edited:

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Late to this, but Welcome @Vol4Life

I'm another one of the Mason fans who lives in Knoxville. I work for the Vol Network, so if you're ever back in town for a game, let me know!

OP
V

Vol4Life

Walk-On
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Late to this, but Welcome @Vol4Life

I'm another one of the Mason fans who lives in Knoxville. I work for the Vol Network, so if you're ever back in town for a game, let me know!
Patriot8, thanks so much for the welcome. I very much appreciate the mention on attending a game at Thompson Boling. As chance would have it, I believe you may know the name Glenn Thackston? I am not certain if he still holds the title of Executive Producer, but at any rate he and I were very close friends during middle and high school. Last game I attended in Knoxville was against Kentucky, featuring the great 2018-2019 Vols team. Great meeting you, thanks again!

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Patriot8, thanks so much for the welcome. I very much appreciate the mention on attending a game at Thompson Boling. As chance would have it, I believe you may know the name Glenn Thackston? I am not certain if he still holds the title of Executive Producer, but at any rate he and I were very close friends during middle and high school. Last game I attended in Knoxville was against Kentucky, featuring the great 2018-2019 Vols team. Great meeting you, thanks again!
I work 2 doors down from Glenn Thackston. He and I produce the football and basketball radio broadcasts together.

He15man

Starter
go_gators.gif

;)

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
A winky face doesn't make that shit okay. Both Mason and UT fans should be repulsed by this.

Truth.

F Dan Mullen and F Omar Payne.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Truth.

F Dan Mullen and F Omar Payne.

I've personally watched Mullen's wife kiss every single football player as they get off the bus for the gator walk. It's disgusting. Maybe i'll be more impressed by the Swamp this season, but 2 years ago when we went down there, it was as awful as I had imagined it being. Additionally, having to spend Friday night in Ocala might be the worst road trip in the SEC East.

I do have to give Mike White kudos for how he handled the Payne/Fulkerson incident. Guy called Fulky everyday to check in.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I've personally watched Mullen's wife kiss every single football player as they get off the bus for the gator walk. It's disgusting. Maybe i'll be more impressed by the Swamp this season, but 2 years ago when we went down there, it was as awful as I had imagined it being. Additionally, having to spend Friday night in Ocala might be the worst road trip in the SEC East.

I do have to give Mike White kudos for how he handled the Payne/Fulkerson incident. Guy called Fulky everyday to check in.

They put you up in Ocala when you go down there? Ugh. Gainesville is not that bad. It's better than plantation central (aka Tallahassee).

He15man

Starter

I agree with you on Mullen's wife. It's a very bizarre tradition/pregame ritual. As for the Swamp, though, it hasn't been it's normal self for at least 5 or 6 years. Muschamp's last year, followed by Swamp Donkey (McElwain), was just like Mason basketball for the past several years - hard to watch. Mullen's offense will likely get fans back and excited though... much like our expectations for English and the guys he's bringing in.