News Yahoo Reports Jay Larranaga is a Candidate for Head Coach

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Repeated what? Wasn't me...

Sorry - Walter not KA. Same general point though.

Pretty amazing to see a message board wish, go to a "source" in an article, get repeated as "reported," and then become something that has to be denied.

I think I may give Malcolm Gladwell a call.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
@RVAparks tweeted yesterday that Jay Larranaga's representives have been pushing his name out for jobs since December. It could be that his reps leaked the info just to get his name out there and maybe get a little bump in pay from the Celtics.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
@RVAparks tweeted yesterday that Jay Larranaga's representives have been pushing his name out for jobs since December. It could be that his reps leaked the info just to get his name out there and maybe get a little bump in pay from the Celtics.

This

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Pretty amazing to see a message board wish, go to a "source" in an article, get repeated as "reported," and then become something that has to be denied.

Don't forget @FirePaulHewitt and his low quality memes about Jay

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
USA Today is reporting that Jay will likely interview if contacted.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone want pop over to the Patriot Center about 11a tomorrow and tell us who shows?
Tent is already set up with sleeping bag I already have my chicken fingers for dinner ready and I have my night vision goggles ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAOriginal

All-American
Tent is already set up with sleeping bag I already have my chicken fingers for dinner ready and I have my night vision goggles ready to go

This is where we need constant monitoring. Prospective coaches will tour the facilities.

Maybe some sort of watch shifts?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is where we need constant monitoring. Prospective coaches will tour the facilities.

Maybe some sort of watch shifts?
Sounds like a plan. But you first have to see this gaggle of coeds waking by in shorts and t-shirts. Looking form ladies....looking firm. They all have a.nice bounce in their bosom.

From the Boston Herald:
A source said that, if contacted, Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga will consider interviewing for the opening at George Mason, the program his dad Jim took to the 2006 Final Four.

Larranaga is said to view it all with due diligence, as opposed to genuine interest, out of respect for his father’s former program.

“He loves working for Brad (Stevens) and the Celtics,” said the source, indicating that it would take a very special situation — another NBA job — for Larranaga to leave the Celtics. A league source said that Larranaga, who interviewed for the 76ers job last season, can expect to be getting more calls from NBA teams.

“The reality is that I’d be surprised if Jay wants that job,” the source said. “He’s going to have chances at head NBA jobs. If he went to George Mason, that would hurt his chances.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...cs_notebook_luigi_datome_fan_club_building_up

wijg

Starter

QD and Walter, work your magic on the Howland rumors. Maybe we'll get some useful info as the reporters circle like vultures...

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think Brad has to call Jay now out of respect for what his dad means to the fans and what he did for the school.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
QD, FPH and I can only do so much. We can't make Jay take the job

Nope, can't make him take the job.

Or can we.....

You see this Jay? You take the Mason job or this gets sent to the Boston Globe and Miami Herald!!!!

reo2QV.jpg

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
I don't care what his last name is, F this guy! If he had respect for our program, and he was actually approached, he would quietly, respectfully decline. I doubt, though, whether he even was seriously considered. Hiring an NBA assistant with no college coaching experience would be questionable, at best. This just seems like a PR stunt by him and his agent.