News Yahoo Reports Jay Larranaga is a Candidate for Head Coach

Dawgs99

Starter
You have to think we don't have the cash to pay Jay...if hes the lead asst with the Celtics he must be getting paid pretty well. Maybe Angel and Brad have more cash than we think? big balls Brad is the man.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jay would be a great hire, but I just don't see him wanting to come to George Mason and living under his Dad's shadow - hope I'm wrong.

I would take Cherry over Caputo. Caputo has been under one coach his whole career while Cherry has learned from a number of different coaches including playing for the best. Plus, Cherry has the head coaching experience that Caputo doesn't. Maybe we get Cherry and Caputo goes to High Point?

The article said his reps put us on the radar back in January. So I'm guessing he's at least interested.

wijg

Starter
Nothing against Jay, I worry that might be clouded by emotion too much to make a good decision..., but I started to really like the Howland theory that Jim had suggested. Am I crazy to like that one, even possibly more that Jay?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Oh come now, like Yahoo has any insight into what we're doing. They looked on the message board, saw Jay Larranaga mentioned and repeated it - then the WaPo repeated that.

I'm the original source on the Jay Larranaga discussion and I have no f'n clue or insight. Don't fall for the click bait.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Possibly the biggest rookie poster mistake ever made by such an experienced poster. Up there with the Weber time out, Lett fumble (both the Beebe strip and the missed fg attempt), etc.

;)
Thanks dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAOriginal

All-American
Here in the Boston suburb of Maine...sports radio, etc is all over this.

But it has been said on the air, Jay has no interest in college coaching.

CLP

Preferred Walk-On
I hope they have Hurley of Buffalo on the list.
Gotta think that Hurley would be a target of a power conference school if a job opens up. On the off-chance he got our job, I can't imagine it being more than a stop-over for him.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gotta think that Hurley would be a target of a power conference school if a job opens up. On the off-chance he got our job, I can't imagine it being more than a stop-over for him.

If he bounces from Mason after 3 or 4 years, that means he has turned Mason around, so theres that. Hopefully whoever comes turns the program around, and can stay a while.

Reactions: CLP