News Yahoo Reports Jay Larranaga is a Candidate for Head Coach

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"Yahoo Reports Jay Larranaga is a Candidate for Head Coach" by Chris Metsala

Jay Larranaga will be considered in the hunt for a new George Mason Head Coach, says sources quoted by Yahoo Sports. Jay Larranaga, 39, has stamped himself as one of the bright young assistant coaches in the NBA and is considered a potential future head coach. It is immediately unclear what – if any – […]

Continue reading...

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
The great thing is no matter who is chosen it will be an improvement. It's like driving a Pinto, and you go to driving a Ford or a Ferrari. One is nicer than the other, but both are nicer than a Pinto. Either way we improve. It's just a matter of how much.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
we cannot hire a former vcu guy. its like the Skins hiring Tom Landry.

sjhawk13

Four-star Recruit
There's a coach who's been to the Elite Eight and two Sweet Sixteens who would love to get another payday.

Ahem. AHEM.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Jay would be a great hire, but I just don't see him wanting to come to George Mason and living under his Dad's shadow - hope I'm wrong.

I would take Cherry over Caputo. Caputo has been under one coach his whole career while Cherry has learned from a number of different coaches including playing for the best. Plus, Cherry has the head coaching experience that Caputo doesn't. Maybe we get Cherry and Caputo goes to High Point?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think Jay could also see it as returning to the alma mater for which he played and then leading it. He wouln't necessarily see it as living under the shadow of his dad but extending and building on his own time at Mason.