X #1 scorer D1

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow...how is he scoring? His jumper wasnt bad and he could get to the rim. Guess both improved.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just want to take a moment to recognize that former Patriot Xavier Johnson is #1 in PPG for D1 basketball.

I always liked him but never would have thought he was capable of 24ppg. Amazing.

Thoughts?
Good for X!!!

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702002744381.jpg
    FB_IMG_1702002744381.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 121

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Looks like all ways. He’s taking close to 6 3s a game and hitting 42%. 96% FT on 8.5 attempts per game.
For sure. In his last year with us he was:
73% FT, 43% on 2 pt%, and 34% from 3
vs. this year:
91%, 50%, and 44% respectively. The latter 2 numbers are pretty similar to last year's at SIU.

Kenpom has him as the most outstanding player in the Missouri Valley and game MVP in 5 of their 8 games.

Good for him!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We’ll never know for sure what happened after season one of Kim, but if he pushed XJ out in favor of Ronnie then that was a clear missed judgement of talent. Happy for XJ that he’s finally flourishing always enjoyed watching him play here even though his shot needed a lot of work (that he’s obviously put in since then).

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We’ll never know for sure what happened after season one of Kim, but if he pushed XJ out in favor of Ronnie then that was a clear missed judgement of talent. Happy for XJ that he’s finally flourishing always enjoyed watching him play here even though his shot needed a lot of work (that he’s obviously put in since then).
X had issues with his knees and wasn’t close to 100% during his year with Kim, and it clearly impacted his game. Glad to see he has gotten healthy and is showing everyone what he can do in his last go-round in college.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
X had issues with his knees and wasn’t close to 100% during his year with Kim, and it clearly impacted his game. Glad to see he has gotten healthy and is showing everyone what he can do in his last go-round in college.
Yep. Got back the speed he had as a freshman and that jumper looks nothing like what we saw while he was at Mason.

Remember the A10 tourney game against Fordham two years ago? Kyle Neptune had his guards sag 10 feet back on X, daring him to shoot. If I recall he went 3-9 from beyond the arc that game. He's never going to get disrespected like that again.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep. Got back the speed he had as a freshman and that jumper looks nothing like what we saw while he was at Mason.

Remember the A10 tourney game against Fordham two years ago? Kyle Neptune had his guards sag 10 feet back on X, daring him to shoot. If I recall he went 3-9 from beyond the arc that game. He's never going to get disrespected like that again.
I remember that one vividly as I watched it in person. It wasn’t a tourney game but the game at fordham in February 2022. He was wide open for a good chunk of those.