Would you rather finish....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
8th in the A-10. If we're gonna miss the post season I want it with a record that's closer to getting Hewitt canned.
Technically, we are in a 3way tie for last place, or in sole possession of last place if you factor in OOC record.

The good news is that we can only go in one direction at this point, right?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Technically, we are in a 3way tie for last place, or in sole possession of last place if you factor in OOC record.

The good news is that we can only go in one direction at this point, right?

Or we can stay exactly where we are, which is probably likely. Tom Pecora is probably loving the fact that there is now a program worse than his in the A10 and he will have some easy wins in conference finally.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd rather be in the A-10. And im sure the AD would too since we make 400k extra per year for doing nothing but switching conferences. As for winning, they AD probably looks at this as a secondary concern.

CenterCourt

Four-star Recruit
I would rather be in the A-10 period. The program had no shot of progressing had we stayed in the CAA. We may take some lumps in the A-10, but it is the only way to take the program to the next level.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
With vcu and ODU leaving the CAA, that league is garbage. That being said, G Mas wouldn't come in 3rd Place either.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
A10--seems like an overall stronger conference; this isn't about the coach or the players, it's just about playing in a higher division. I love the CAA and the time GMU spent there, but in the long run, going to A10 will be a better move.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Or we can stay exactly where we are, which is probably likely. Tom Pecora is probably loving the fact that there is now a program worse than his in the A10 and he will have some easy wins in conference finally.

Not sure what data you are using to come to that conclusion. Sagarin currently ranks Fordham dead last in the A-10 with the same number of wins as Mason against a much weaker schedule (234 vs. 49).

While we're certainly not a strong program, there certainly no evidence that we'll provide Fordham with "easy" wins. Our games with them appear likely to be competitive, but that was usually true when Mason played Hofstra in the CAA.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Im not used to these would you rathers lol. Here is another one:

Amanda Bynes now? Or Phyllis Diller in 1987?

Thats about a pretty equal assessment to our bball team lol

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Im not used to these would you rathers lol.

No kidding. I got all excited when I saw the title of the thread thinking we were going to get a choice between two hot chicks. BTW, congrats to your 49ers. I knew Carolina would struggle against your defense, even at home. Now you have to figure out how to beat Seattle on the road.

Dawgs99

Starter
Being in the A10 helps financially, recruiting will up tick, and if/when Hewitt gets canned its a better job simply by being in this league rather than the CAA. The move was a no brainer. I also agree with Gemini, our down turn is only temporary. Mason has too much to offer to struggle for long. Either Hewitt figures it out or another highly qualified coach will. Nice campus, above average facilities, fertile recruiting right around the corner, what's not to like?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Watching Hewitt on the sidelines - he looked stressed and under pressure - which at least gives me the feeling someone is making him feel the heat. Which is good. I take the A-10 route - better conference without a doubt and will provide a better long term platform for Mason going forward. We do crappy - better chance of a new coach and given we have a lot of positives in our program, size of school, location, overall facilities and being in the A-10 - a better shot at getting a solid new coach.

CAA - the conference for those who did not move in time before the music stopped.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Obviously A10.

But I do have to point out a potential issue with the poll. I don't think it is necessarily representative of our current position. In looking at our schedule, I am trying to figure out how we get to 15 wins this season. We currently have 7, so that would mean that we win 8 of our remaining A10 games. I think it will be closer to tenth to eleventh place and 11-12 wins.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The A10 w/o a doubt. I predict we finish in 11th rather than 8th this year though.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watching Hewitt on the sidelines - he looked stressed and under pressure - which at least gives me the feeling someone is making him feel the heat. Which is good. I take the A-10 route - better conference without a doubt and will provide a better long term platform for Mason going forward. We do crappy - better chance of a new coach and given we have a lot of positives in our program, size of school, location, overall facilities and being in the A-10 - a better shot at getting a solid new coach.

CAA - the conference for those who did not move in time before the music stopped.

I noticed this too. He nearly had a conniption and a half telling Allen (I think) where to go towards the end of the game on offense.