Will This Be the Season When . . . ?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Senior Corey Edwards or junior Patrick Holloway gets his first career blocked shot;

Sophomore Marquise Moore attempts his first 3-pt. FG;

Senior Vaughn Gray gets his first career start (other than Senior Night);

Senior Erik Copes learns how to stay out of foul trouble and plays consistently at a high level;

Junior Marko Gujanicic becomes more than a role player;

The players understand John Wooden's quote: "Be quick, but don't hurry."; and

Paul Hewitt earns his pay?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Senior Corey Edwards or junior Patrick Holloway gets his first career blocked shot;

Sophomore Marquise Moore attempts his first 3-pt. FG;

Senior Vaughn Gray gets his first career start (other than Senior Night);

Senior Erik Copes learns how to stay out of foul trouble and plays consistently at a high level;

Junior Marko Gujanicic becomes more than a role player;

The players understand John Wooden's quote: "Be quick, but don't hurry."; and

Paul Hewitt earns his pay?

yes yes no no no, most likely no

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In the 68-60 loss to Cornell, Marquise Moore attempted his first 3-pt. FG and Corey Edwards had his first career blocked shot.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
How likely is it that Vaughn Gray will be the first senior to start a game this season?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How likely is it that Vaughn Gray will be the first senior to start a game this season?

I imagine it will be likely. I think the Jenkins-Marko experiment is not working out. And I imagine a Jenkins-Royal experiment will end the same way.

I would like to see a Moore-Jackson-Gray-Jenkins-I guess Thompson combo at some point in the season.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I imagine it will be likely. I think the Jenkins-Marko experiment is not working out. And I imagine a Jenkins-Royal experiment will end the same way.

I would like to see a Moore-Jackson-Gray-Jenkins-I guess Thompson combo at some point in the season.

So, you haven't been impressed with Patrick Holloway?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So, you haven't been impressed with Patrick Holloway?

I would like to Chris Fouch him and give him major minutes off the bench. I want the team to set the tone defensively and I think those 5 have the length, athleticism and the desire to really get after it defensively.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would like to Chris Fouch him and give him major minutes off the bench. I want the team to set the tone defensively and I think those 5 have the length, athleticism and the desire to really get after it defensively.

Problem is, without PH we can't score. At all.

BTW, Drexel never won jack all those years Bruiser insisted on bringing Fouch off the bench, and it drove their fans absolutely nuts.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Problem is, without PH we can't score. At all.

BTW, Drexel never won jack all those years Bruiser insisted on bringing Fouch off the bench, and it drove their fans absolutely nuts.

They may not have won a CAA championship, but they won a hell of a lot more games than we did last year (and probably this year as well) and that started with defense.

I know hanging your hat on defense and winning 48-46 May not be scintillating, but dammit it's better than what we have been doing.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In his 75th game played for the Patriots in the overtime loss to UNI, senior Vaughn Gray got his first career start.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Does anyone expect Marquise Moore to make his first career 3-pt. FG this season?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I don't. He doesn't take many in the first place and shouldn't, given that isn't his strong point. So it's not likely unless the clock is all but run out and he puts up a desperation shot that happens to go in.