Who Will Be the Timi Mulgrew of Mason Basketball?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Trivia Question: Name the returning player who made the last game-winning shot for the Patriots?

MasonCrew

Starter
As much as I have tried to purge last year from my memory, I vaguely remember Copes hitting a game winner on a tip in or rebound or something. Could be wrong though.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
As much as I have tried to purge last year from my memory, I vaguely remember Copes hitting a game winner on a tip in or rebound or something. Could be wrong though.

Copes is incorrect. If I'm not mistaken, Erik had 2 game-winning shots in 2012-13, including the tip-in at Charleston in the first round of the CBI.

why are you all getting hyped about a team picked 13th out of 14 teams?

We could quite possibly lose our first 5 games. I see us losing one of the first two games, and quite possibly all 3 games in Puerto Rico. We are in for a long season. we have no guards.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

We could quite possibly lose our first 5 games. I see us losing one of the first two games, and quite possibly all 3 games in Puerto Rico. We are in for a long season. we have no guards.

While I don't think anyone is really too hyped for the upcoming season, I agree with most of your post -- with the exception of the part I bolded.

Lack of guards is not our problem. Holloway and Moore will be a fine A-10 backcourt. Gray will contribute if Hewitt gives him a chance.

Our team's biggest weakness is coaching and it's not even really close. That's the reason we're in for a long, mostly unsuccessful season.

MasonCrew

Starter

Because at the end of the day, how Mason performs has little to no bearing on my life, and I love college basketball, and the Mason Patriots. I do not expect a good season, but I also have no idea how this team will perform, and that excites me. As someone who played a sport in college (albeit a small unfunded club), I know how much work the boys are putting into getting better. Even as just a club sport, our crew team practiced 4 days a week on water, and spent the rest of the week in the gym. We knew we were not the best (although we did win club nationals my senior year), but we put literally everything we had physically into being the best we could be. Athletes at the collegiate level are some of the most competitive people you will ever meet, and for that the team has my respect until they prove otherwise.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The players put in work to be the best. I question if the coach is doing and/or has done the same. Clearly, the product on the floor at two different schools and a USA team have been under performing.

Last edited:

gmu05

Starter

This team has a weak back court even by CAA standards. Four years of Hewitt the great recruiter and this is what we have?

Dawgs99

Starter
Well in terms of depth, I believe it is true.

Wrong again, how many teams in the CAA would love to have Corey Edwards as their back up PG? My guess is all of them. How many teams in the CAA would love to have VG as their back up SG? My guess is all of them. Talent on this team is not the issue.