OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Greg Calixte has played in 6 games for Bryant (3-4) and is averaging 4.5 ppg & 2.8 rpg in 12.7 mpg.

Lysander Rehnstrom has played in 5 games for Navy (5-2) and is averaging 1.8 ppg in 4.6 mpg. He's shooting 42.9% (3-7) behind the arc.

Jason Douglas-Stanley has started 4 of 5 games played for D-II Northwestern Oklahoma State (4-1) and is averaging a team-high 12.2 ppg & 2.6 rpg in a team-high 24.8 mpg. He's shooting 35.5% (22-62) from the field including 28.9% (11-38) behind the arc.

Vita Stam has played in 5 games for UNCW (1-5) and is averaging 2.0 ppg & 2.2 rpg. in 8.8 mpg.

Devyn Wilson has played in 5 games for Sam Houston State (3-3) and is averaging .8 ppg & .8 rpg in 4 mpg.

Last edited:

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I really thought Douglas-Stanley was going to do something with us after doing so well in high school. But his shooting has been horrific in college.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jordan Miller is averaging 5 points and 5 boards at Miami on a laughable 15% 3 point shooting. Safe to say the move wasn’t great for at least 2/3 of our best transfers, and we upgraded across the board.
Coach K knows what he's doing.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The 2021-22 Paul VI boys' basketball team coaching staff includes 2 former Patriots: Lamar Butler and Myles Tate - https://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=PAULVIBASKETBALL&s=basketball&p=coaches

"Myles Tate is a former collegiate basketball player and graduate from George Mason University. He graduated with a B.S. in Kinesiology, and went on to continue his education at GMU and earned a M.S. in Exercise, Fitness, and Health Promotion. During this program he was able to present at the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) national conference for which he conducted a successful study on improved Vertical jump in high school basketball players."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"– With 677 victories in his career, Larrañaga passed Denny Crum and moved into a tie with Mike Montgomery for No. 33 on the all-time Division I wins list."

"– J. Miller tallied double-digit points for the 52nd time, including the second this season, with the two coming back-to-back.
– J. Miller also became the first Hurricane with five steals in a game since 1/5/21.
– Additionally, J. Miller became the second Division I player this season to log 12 points, seven rebounds, five steals and three blocks in a game, including the first to do so with no turnovers."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Shevon Thompson ('16) is back in the NBA G League for the first time since 2018 during his first season with the Agua Caliente Clippers. The Jamaican has helped the Clippers jump out to a 6-5 record over the team's first 11 games. In the team's most recent contest against the South Bay Lakers, Thompson notched 13 points (5-7 FG) and grabbed nine rebounds in 13 minutes. He pulled down a team-best 15 rebounds and chipped in nine points in a 115-91 victory over the Santa Cruz Warriors on Dec. 9."

He's being coached again by Paul Hewitt.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

"Shevon Thompson ('16) is back in the NBA G League for the first time since 2018 during his first season with the Agua Caliente Clippers. The Jamaican has helped the Clippers jump out to a 6-5 record over the team's first 11 games. In the team's most recent contest against the South Bay Lakers, Thompson notched 13 points (5-7 FG) and grabbed nine rebounds in 13 minutes. He pulled down a team-best 15 rebounds and chipped in nine points in a 115-91 victory over the Santa Cruz Warriors on Dec. 9."

He's being coached again by Paul Hewitt.
"Jumped out to" a 6-5 record??
9-2 or 8-3 is "jumped out to." 6-5 is "they have a record of."
At least in my book.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"4. Arizona Wildcats (11-0)
Previous ranking:
This week: at Tennessee (Wednesday)

One of the positives of this past week for Tommy Lloyd's team was bench production. The Wildcats play a pretty tight eight-man rotation, with three transfers shouldering the load off the bench: Justin Kier (Georgia), Oumar Ballo (Gonzaga) and Pelle Larsson (Utah). All three made an impact in wins over Northern Colorado and Cal Baptist. Kier scored in double figures in both wins, and has now hit that threshold in three of his past four games. Larsson hit three 3s in the win over Cal Baptist, his second time this season. The big surprise has been Ballo, who was barely playable at Gonzaga last season. But he has worked on his body and his game at both ends of the floor. Against Cal Baptist, he went for 10 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks in 20 minutes."

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Outside of Oduro, the guy I desperatively wanted to keep was Kolek and I know KE tried his best to sell him. I watched a few Marquette games earlier this year and Kolek looked good running the point and had a game-winning steal and layup in game in mid-November.

I just looked at his numbers so far and was shocked. He's taken a big step back on the offensive end.

Shooting less than 30% from the field and 22% from beyond the arc. His effective shooting and offensive efficiency has collapsed. This floored me. Now, it's still relatively early and I expect him to improve, still surprising.

An interesting RHETORICAL question: would you take Kolek back, given the decline he's experienced? (I would b/c I think he's that good, but that might not be a good decision.)

There are lots of players who show promise...hit their ceiling early, and plateau. Otis Livingston comes to mind, as do AJ Wilson, Goanar Mar, Vaughn Gray, Vertrail Vaughns, and lots of others.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He’s averaging 5.9 assists and still shooting 82% from the FT line.

From the game log looks like he’s real streaky right now (so shot 7-12 and 5-11 against WVU and Illinois and then shoots 1-6 and 1-8 against UNH and Jacksonville State).

Definitely would love him in the rotation still above our entire bench right now (maybe even starting ahead of XJ). Smart player. Has a knack for getting steals (avg 1.7 per game) and can get hit from 3.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Outside of Oduro, the guy I desperatively wanted to keep was Kolek and I know KE tried his best to sell him. I watched a few Marquette games earlier this year and Kolek looked good running the point and had a game-winning steal and layup in game in mid-November.

I just looked at his numbers so far and was shocked. He's taken a big step back on the offensive end.

Shooting less than 30% from the field and 22% from beyond the arc. His effective shooting and offensive efficiency has collapsed. This floored me. Now, it's still relatively early and I expect him to improve, still surprising.

An interesting RHETORICAL question: would you take Kolek back, given the decline he's experienced? (I would b/c I think he's that good, but that might not be a good decision.)

There are lots of players who show promise...hit their ceiling early, and plateau. Otis Livingston comes to mind, as do AJ Wilson, Goanar Mar, Vaughn Gray, Vertrail Vaughns, and lots of others.

personally I wouldnt take him back
KE gave it his best shot to keep him
and even shouted him out after a great game performance
but he is now part of the past and not the future

Marquette @ Georgetown on Friday Night if someone wants to see him live