What are you watching now that sports are canceled?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How many of you are working from home right now? Have kids home with you?
Home until April 3rd.
I'm lucky as I have a high schooler and middle schooler who are self sufficient. Heck, they dont even want me around so I can get my work done. Can't image those with younger ones.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've been self employed and worked from home for 20 years, so I've had to deal with everything from nannies watching my son and daughter as babies to them now both being teenagers. The funny thing now with them being home for several weeks due to the virus is I often go 6 hours without seeing them, because they sit in their respective rooms streaming shows and doing homework all day with their Air Pods in.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
"Working" is putting it loosely for me. FCPS haven't given teachers much information on how they want us to proceed.

No kids. So I don't know what to do with myself.

Weve gone to full online instruction (Canvas/Zoom). I’ve never taught a fully online class so I don’t have any of the bells and whistles that make it more interactive (like recorded lectures). We will see how it goes.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"Working" is putting it loosely for me. FCPS haven't given teachers much information on how they want us to proceed.

No kids. So I don't know what to do with myself.
We've been given no direction yet, either. So far, we are just treating this as our Spring Break and waiting for instructions on what to do next.

As a band director, I'm not sure how online instruction is going to look if we go to that. I need to be busy doing SOMETHING so I can get paid, but it's going to be fun figuring out how to make it meaningful to the kids. My son is an 11-year-old fifth grader and is absolutely miserable about all of his sports (both the ones he plays and the ones he watches!) being cancelled. We've been outside playing baseball a lot.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I mostly teach online so my work life hasn't changed. My wife is a school psychologist so right now she is just on an early starting spring break. I was supposed to leave to visit Phoenix tomorrow but that plan died a slow death.

No kids, just a cat. I can't image having a child or multiple children during a semi lock down like this.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I had to have knee surgery once and scheduled it on the Wed before the tournament started (this was before the play-in games). Great way to rest and recover.