Welcome Xavier Johnson

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I just noticed that 1st team All-Met Cameron Brown (Eleanor Roosevelt) committed to William & Mary. We currently have no scholarships available, but I wouldn't be shocked if he re-opens his recruiting after Shaver's firing — especially given how much he has reportedly improved over the course of his career.

mason89

Starter
Xavier Johnson – 2nd team All-Met, Washington Post. Congratulations! :superhappy:

WHAT?!?!?! SECOND TEAM?!?! DAVE PAULSEN AND HIS STAFF MUST SUCK AS RECRUITERS IF XAVIER DIDN'T MAKE FIRST TEAM AND SHOULD ALL BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

(Disclaimer: Please please please note that the previous statement is soaked in sarcasm and directed at those who base the coaching staff's recruiting success on high school honors. As in the stock market, previous performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. :cool: Congrats to Xavier on this great honor!)

Herndon

All-Conference
1) He's already built like a college player
2) Sort of a slow release, but if he can go 7/7 in one game, that means that he's at least a good enough shooter to have the green light to take 7 3's, which means he's at least an ok outside shooter.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1) He's already built like a college player
2) Sort of a slow release, but if he can go 7/7 in one game, that means that he's at least a good enough shooter to have the green light to take 7 3's, which means he's at least an ok outside shooter.

Yeah I’m a bit concerned about that slow release, that’s not going to fly in the a10, but hopefully he will perfect that as he matures.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed, I bet he will improve that over time at the d1 level. That is fixable.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
In the loss to GW, XJ put up a team high 17 points. His previous season high was 15 in the OT win vs. Navy wayyyyy back in early November. XJ ain't no freshman no more!

Herndon

All-Conference
Turnovers are a problem, 3-point shooting is a problem, defense is a question mark. I expect all of those things to improve pretty significantly next year; they are the sort of things you can work on in the off-season and that experience helps with.

I would say thus far he's had a very successful freshman year, and he sure looks like a guy that's going to be a stud as an upperclassman to me.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Turnovers are a problem, 3-point shooting is a problem, defense is a question mark. I expect all of those things to improve pretty significantly next year; they are the sort of things you can work on in the off-season and that experience helps with.

I would say thus far he's had a very successful freshman year, and he sure looks like a guy that's going to be a stud as an upperclassman to me.
XJ is the best guard we've had at getting to the rim since Marquise Moore. I'm looking forward to seeing him continue to attack over the next 3 years. His ability to drive could be the key to opening up the offense in the future.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
He has been impressive. I'd be worried that Frumpy Dave will implement his regression effect that will doom this kid. Seriously, I'd be worried about being able to keep him. Reminds me a bit of Bryon Allen. Tough, strong with a below avg. shot, but not afraid to go hard to the glass and get to the line.