Welcome Mouhamed Lamine Mbaye

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Granted, I am basing this on one very brief highlight tape, but it's possible with his size and skillset that he could eventually play the 3, 4 or 5 on offense and likely hold his own at all three positions defensively once he adds some more muscle.

tommy-likey.jpg

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Love this, we absolutely needed depth down low and that's exactly what this is. Could easily develop into a minutes grabber by next season, and looking at our current roster I don't see the need for him to get more than foul trouble minutes this year. Give the true freshman a full year to fully develop and adapt to the college game without having to throw him to the wolves.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Could be. I get a lot of Goanar Mar vibes. So who knows? But the potential is there.
Had the same thought at first. Hopefully he gets on the Jordan Miller workout program and not the Gonar Mar one.

On an unrelated note, anyone know what this guys mom looks like?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Amazing get. Big men usually need a year of work to adapt to college forwards and the game so high hopes on this kid and getting him in the weight room and shuttling him over to some Senegalese restaurants up in DC!

KE in 3 weeks has already out-recruited Paulsen over his 6 years here.

Let that sink in on how miserable Paulsen was at recruiting and talent evaluations.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Amazing get. Big men usually need a year of work to adapt to college forwards and the game so high hopes on this kid and getting him in the weight room and shuttling him over to some Senegalese restaurants up in DC!

KE in 3 weeks has already out-recruited Paulsen over his 6 years here.

Let that sink in on how miserable Paulsen was at recruiting and talent evaluations.
Isn't it weird to be this stoked on recruiting so quickly? It hasn't even been a month yet and we've already had more highly touted talent come in than we did in 6 years.

FreeGunston12

All-American
He's way bigger than Goanar, so if he winds up being better closer to the basket, like Mar, you aren't going to lose anything.
Mar was an inch shorter and a pound lighter according to our roster. So not that much smaller. But Mbaye does look to have potentially a much bigger frame.

My comparison was more in some of the ball handling and such. Opposition couldn't compete with the size and length, but things will need to tighten up at the next level.

But again, the potential is there. Like someone else said, hopefully we won't need to play him right away as he looks to fill a similar role to where our depth already is. Hit the weight room Freshman year, and he could be a monster for us.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If you are going to shoutout KE on twitter for this commitment, I'd be sure in tag Nate Tomlinson as well. No way he didn't play a huge part in building the relationship with this kid, and getting the commitment so quickly.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If you are going to shoutout KE on twitter for this commitment, I'd be sure in tag Nate Tomlinson as well. No way he didn't play a huge part in building the relationship with this kid, and getting the commitment so quickly.
Yes.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Lets Rock!

Last edited:
OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mar was an inch shorter and a pound lighter according to our roster. So not that much smaller. But Mbaye does look to have potentially a much bigger frame.

My comparison was more in some of the ball handling and such. Opposition couldn't compete with the size and length, but things will need to tighten up at the next level.

But again, the potential is there. Like someone else said, hopefully we won't need to play him right away as he looks to fill a similar role to where our depth already is. Hit the weight room Freshman year, and he could be a monster for us.

Rivals has him at 6'9, 247 has him at 6'8, we'll see what Mason lists him as and how he compares against Henry and Oduro when he gets on campus.

And, yeah, I was looking at his frame, definitely more of a forward body type than a wing. Goanar was a wing with a forward's handle.

Also, English says he's going to develop every part of a player's skillset. He wants forwards who can dribble and pass. He wants guards who can post up.