Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone wants to see Singleton play PG back at Hutchinson (#1 in white), here’s a game I found:

I’m only 7:00 min into the game, but Sequan plays 27 min overall, scores 12 points (5-7 from the field, 2-2 from the line), 9 rebounds, 5 assists.

It looks like a lot of their games are available on their YouTube page.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Great interview. Interesting that Coach vowed to never play more than 1 non shooter at a time. That all but confirms Ronnie and Saquon are indeed competing for a job rather than ever playing together. I look forward to be proven wrong by Saquon and love his attitude and cockiness. Looking forward to the rest of the series @By George.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Great interview. Interesting that Coach vowed to never play more than 1 non shooter at a time. That all but confirms Ronnie and Saquon are indeed competing for a job rather than ever playing together. I look forward to be proven wrong by Saquon and love his attitude and cockiness. Looking forward to the rest of the series @By George.
Link?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
The interview will be released tomorrow. If you follow the By George podcast, you might have got a sneak listen this morning, but it has been removed and will be back tomorrow. It is well worth the listen… can’t wait to talk about it.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The interview will be released tomorrow. If you follow the By George podcast, you might have got a sneak listen this morning, but it has been removed and will be back tomorrow. It is well worth the listen… can’t wait to talk about it.
It was the full interview lol. Now I look crazy but regardless it was very good

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Thank you - I refreshed my podcast library 5 times and went to the bygeorge website thinking something was wrong on my end.

By George.

Starter

No problem, feel free to talk about it on here or wait, whatever works. Just hold off on Twitter please! Thanks everyone and enjoy! It’s on Apple Podcasts and Spotify @ByGeorgeGMU

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It was the full interview lol. Now I look crazy but regardless it was very good
“Sneak listen” because is was only up for a little bit - not that it wasn’t the full interview.

Some of the big takeaways for me *spoiler alerts if you haven’t listened yet*:

- Said that Ojiako was the best post guy that they coveted this off-season. We weren’t publicly linked to any big name post players, but that says something if true. Kim’s story about trying to defend him was great… a nice benefit of having a coach that can still play.

- Hearing from the horses mouth that Saquan is a point guard. That directly contradicts what some have thought/said.

- At one point he referenced that Fernandez will get significant minutes. The way I took it seemed to suggest he might not start, but I’m sure that won’t truly be decided until practice starts.

- Talked about Elvis and his recruitment. I always wondered why things fell off for him recruiting wise and wondered if something might have happened that turned schools away, but Kim said something to the fact that they did their research to make sure that wasn’t the case.

- Kim is very open to playing two bigs together.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Saquon is our PG then I’m all in and he has my full support. I have questions that I stand by but I’m rooting for nothing than him to come in and crush the A10.

This is a massive gamble by Kim. Either he comes out of this looking like a genius savant for converting him to a PG and we dance, or this looks like a terrible play on a position that he himself noted was a key place we needed to fill. I’m hoping it’s the former, it just feels like a gamble. Here’s to hoping Saquon terrorizes everyone with his long frame and his FT shooting is respectable.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If Saquon is our PG then I’m all in and he has my full support. I have questions that I stand by but I’m rooting for nothing than him to come in and crush the A10.

This is a massive gamble by Kim. Either he comes out of this looking like a genius savant for converting him to a PG and we dance, or this looks like a terrible play on a position that he himself noted was a key place we needed to fill. I’m hoping it’s the former, it just feels like a gamble. Here’s to hoping Saquon terrorizes everyone with his long frame and his FT shooting is respectable.
A minor nit, but I don't think Kim is converting him to a PG. It sounds like that is what he was and he was played out of position at New Mexico.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh man, just recorded our first episode of Talk With Us with Kim English and we definitely cleared some shit up. Tell me what you think, what position will Saquan play?
Great episode! Keep them coming.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A minor nit, but I don't think Kim is converting him to a PG. It sounds like that is what he was and he was played out of position at New Mexico.
playing a certain position at a JUCO doesn't always translate to D1. From what I gather on New Mexico boards he was very athletic but not a very good fit at PG for them. Might be the coaches fault or strategies fault. That seems to be CKE's thinking and I hope he comes in and takes the job!

Mason32

Starter
Mason32 has received a warning for trolling behavior.
Interview was worse coach speak than the Paulsen interview where he claimed Reuter was a Top 5 A-10 player. If Saquan is our PG they are fighting for 11th place

Mason32

Starter
Another takeaway from the interview, KE continues to miss on actual talent and we are getting kids recruited by Simpkins such as Polite, AJ Wilson. Yikes. What did he we hire KE for?

Status
Not open for further replies.