Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh man, just recorded our first episode of Talk With Us with Kim English and we definitely cleared some shit up. Tell me what you think, what position will Saquan play?
He can play 1 through 4. My assumption looking at the rest of the roster is that he will play a lot more at the 1 than many people seem to think.

Junkees9

Sixth Man
I agree that Singleton will likely be the point guard and will help groom Dinkins for that role the following year.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I said it when he signed (and I was mocked for it), but I think Singleton’s role on this team is PG. Can’t wait to hear the interview (love the title too).
I hope he is playing in the Kenner League

FreeGunston12

All-American
Oh man, just recorded our first episode of Talk With Us with Kim English and we definitely cleared some shit up. Tell me what you think, what position will Saquan play?
Ask me a month ago, and I'd say the 4. Given the other off-season moves, pg. But I don't know what concerns me more, the 3pt shooting or the ft %. Tough to be an effective pg when you are not effective behind the arc or on the line.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ask me a month ago, and I'd say the 4. Given the other off-season moves, pg. But I don't know what concerns me more, the 3pt shooting or the ft %. Tough to be an effective pg when you are not effective behind the arc or on the line.
26.1% from 3. 48.1% from the line. 2.3 assists to 1.7 TO.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
26.1% from 3. 48.1% from the line. 2.3 assists to 1.7 TO.
Big oooof. Unless there is substantial improvement this offseason, that just won't fly at PG for a team hoping to make noise in the A10. That is begging everyone to sag off him, double team everything inside and generally pack the paint.

OP
Patriot8

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Fairly certain that these new community guidelines prevent me from directly telling someone: "I told you so". For that reason, I'll simply say for anyone who wants to listen: "I told you so".

Looking forward to Saquan proving himself.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
As with everything else, time will tell if KE knows what he's doing. If he has PG figured out I'll be cheering the loudest. If we don't have the answer yet.....

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
But I don't know what concerns me more, the 3pt shooting or the ft %. Tough to be an effective pg when you are not effective behind the arc or on the line.
The free throw percentage is the bigger concern for me. That has held pretty steady at around 50% during his last 4 years at Hutchinson CC and New Mexico.

His 3 point percentage is strange. In 64 juco games over two years he only attempted 10 3’s. There’s probably centers with more attempts than that. Then, his two years at New Mexico, he only shoots 23 3’s ( 4-11 last year). Again, not a 3 point shooter.

I don’t think you have to shoot a ton of 3’s to be successful, especially if you can drive with the ball… but when you drive and they put you on the line, you gotta be better than 50%. It’ll be interesting to see how Kim designs the offense next year.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The free throw percentage is the bigger concern for me. That has held pretty steady at around 50% during his last 4 years at Hutchinson CC and New Mexico.

His 3 point percentage is strange. In 64 juco games over two years he only attempted 10 3’s. There’s probably centers with more attempts than that. Then, his two years at New Mexico, he only shoots 23 3’s ( 4-11 last year). Again, not a 3 point shooter.

I don’t think you have to shoot a ton of 3’s to be successful, especially if you can drive with the ball… but when you drive and they put you on the line, you gotta be better than 50%. It’ll be interesting to see how Kim designs the offense next year.
I agree with this. While the 3% is very concerning, there’s explanations for it. But the free throw line is the free throw line — shooting at a 50% clip there as a supposed guard is unforgivable, and if he doesn’t get up around 80% for this season teams will just hack him anytime he dribbles towards the basket. I’m sure this is something identified and being worked on, but there sure are some serious question marks for what some are billing as our solidified PG slot.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Gene Wilder Nonsense GIF by MOODMAN

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tough to see Singleton as the main pg with those #'s. Versatile enough to fill in and provide a different look perhaps.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I might have questions about his numbers, but I’m digging the swagger and love that he’s declaring himself our PG. I can get behind that kinda stuff. From his bio:
4EB6ADDF-3960-49D3-A355-4F8E47FB7E42.jpeg

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess with the new rules texting a friend about our PG situation is the only option. Makes me sad like all of athletics at Rocky Top

Status
Not open for further replies.