Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonfan3

Starter
18-22 yo not withstanding, it’s different when you go up a level. Also, it was 5 games in 8 days and a player like Ticket went from playing maybe 2 mpg to playing 37 mpg.

I get that but these players are all in great shape. If you want to talk about depth issue so that Ticket didn't need to play 37mpg, I can get on board with that. But let's stop blaming our schedule for why we lost to JMU. We played awful and lost which happens so its all good. A letdown after a big win happens in every sport at every level but this whole “we we didn’t have time to break down film is bs”. What happened to the “we will play anyone anywhere” mindset. Are we going to use that excuse in the ncaa tournament where we have 1 day off in between games. I don’t blame CKE for saying it as he is taking the blame off the players and putting it on himself but it’s just not true.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
But let's stop blaming our schedule for why we lost to JMU. We played awful and lost which happens so its all good. A letdown after a big win happens in every sport at every level but this whole “we we didn’t have time to break down film is bs”. What happened to the “we will play anyone anywhere” mindset. Are we going to use that excuse in the ncaa tournament where we have 1 day off in between games. I don’t blame CKE for saying it as he is taking the blame off the players and putting it on himself but it’s just not true.
You seem to contradict yourself here. You say to stop blaming the schedule for the loss and then you go ahead and blame the schedule for our loss. Hmmm....

I don't think anyone is making excuses. CKE seems to be doing a self evaluation of his performance and taking responsibility for things that are in his control. He seems to think we won Maryland in spite of some poor play and thinks with more time work with the team on those deficiencies before moving onto JMU, he could have addressed the issues he saw. I'll take this any day over a coach just saying we lost because of a letdown. The former means he thinks it can be fixed, the latter is just giving up on that type of situation.

I'll take a coach that reflects on his performance and tries to improve it and makes it his responsibility to ensure the players learn any day over the attitude of our previous two coaches where it seemed that it was just blamed on the players failing to do what they were told to do.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This podcast episode that Kim English did recently is really good:

Kim communicates so well. I'm definitely a believer. Still gotta prove himself though. Go get 'em CKE!! Put us back on the map!!

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This podcast episode that Kim English did recently is really good:

Thanks for sharing! Much appreciated. The big take aways for me were KE's comments about how he had to let a lot of stuff slide last year because we had no depth. The 2nd was his comment about not caring who you are, if you mess up, you're coming out. Big change from the past 11 years. What it will mean as far as finish and overall record remains to be seen, but I'm encouraged. Start the damn season already!!!!!!

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Kimmie sounds like he is growing into the role. Very good interview.

Last edited:

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim English talks recruiting, offers, and more:

Interesting stuff from Kim, but those guys have got to be the worst interviewers in the world. Spent as much time talking about themselves and their kids as they did letting KE talk.
Thumbs up for the post and CKE, but thumbs down for the other guys.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very interesting comments by the coach, especially when he talked about the difference between making someone an offer and actually recruiting him.
I used to be the oldest guy on here, but I see in a previous thread you have me beat. 70, huh? What year did you graduate? About '75?

Junkees9

Sixth Man
Dec. 1974. Have seen a lot of ups and downs with this team. The Ernie Nestor years were the worst. And of course seeing the 2006 game in DC against Connecticut was fantastic beyond words. I don't think a lot of the younger guys on this board realize how good some of the old time Mason players really were.

Status
Not open for further replies.