Welcome Jason Douglas-Stanley

Pablo

Hall of Famer
He never even had one game where he went off and showed flashes ... he just didn’t get it done.

If Manhattan is willing to let him shoot it 30 times a game, good luck to them.

https://gomason.com/news/2020/3/7/mens-basketball-mason-closes-out-65-61-victory-at-fordham.aspx:

"'This was a gutty performance from our guys,' head coach Dave Paulsen said. 'I thought we buckled down defensively and answered a lot of the challenges they put before us. We were depleted with Jamal going down with an injury and Xavier struggling with his knees. We got a great boost from Jason Douglas-Stanley. I'm really proud of our guys and hopefully this give us some momentum heading into the A-10 Tournament.'"

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
https://gomason.com/news/2020/3/7/mens-basketball-mason-closes-out-65-61-victory-at-fordham.aspx:

"'This was a gutty performance from our guys,' head coach Dave Paulsen said. 'I thought we buckled down defensively and answered a lot of the challenges they put before us. We were depleted with Jamal going down with an injury and Xavier struggling with his knees. We got a great boost from Jason Douglas-Stanley. I'm really proud of our guys and hopefully this give us some momentum heading into the A-10 Tournament.'"

He had 6 points on 2 of 6 shooting. That’s not “going off.”

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It just seems like people are looking to blame someone for Jason not getting more playing time. I’ve said it a hundred times, if he could’ve shot the ball even a little better he would’ve been out there. He never even had one game where he went off and showed flashes ... he just didn’t get it done.

If Manhattan is willing to let him shoot it 30 times a game, good luck to them.
I dont think any one is blaming anyone. Its just unfortunate for JDS.

Masonfan3

Starter
The tenor of the conversation is that he wasn’t given a chance to show what he can do. Except he was.

Im not here to defend JDS or say that he is the 2nd coming but how was he given a chance to show what he can do when he averaged under 5 minutes and took a total of 28 shots the entire season and missed ~1 shot a game..He was not given the opportunity to get into a groove or even really a slump. It’s obvious it wasn’t the right fit here but I really find it hard to see how he was given an opportunity to showcase his skills.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Im not here to defend JDS or say that he is the 2nd coming but how was he given a chance to show what he can do when he averaged under 5 minutes and took a total of 28 shots the entire season and missed ~1 shot a game..He was not given the opportunity to get into a groove or even really a slump. It’s obvious it wasn’t the right fit here but I really find it hard to see how he was given an opportunity to showcase his skills.
Can I just save you from the response . . . two years of practice.

I agree with you that he wasn't a fit. Time will tell what he can become and if it was the system, level of competition, coaching, etc.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seeing him in person in the small Fordham gym, I did notice the scissor kick on one of his misses. Good to see him hit a couple though.

He doesn't do a good job of setting his feet coming off a screen before rising for the shot so he's always a bit off balance. His arc is also unpredictable...sometimes he has a good arc, sometimes it's really flat.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

smccart5

Starter
With these stats he should be happy to have a scholarship, hunker down, and get a degree. I hope for his sake he hasn't given up his current scholarship