Welcome home Lamar Butler!

DRK331

Starter
Duke uses PVI as a pipeline (Jeremy Roach, Trevor Keels, Darren Harris)

Mason should as well. (I know we had Patrick Holloway and Josh Oduro)

Other elite programs who has taken a PVI kid:

Villanova - Brandon Slater
UNC - Anthony Harris
Syracuse - Franklin Howard
Louisville - VJ King
UMD - DeShawn Harris Smith

OP
G

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Can Lamar recruit in his new role?
Not off-campus, but his AAU/elite HS connections are still a huge asset now that he’s officially wearing the Mason logo again. The player development position is such a better fit for him because he’ll be working directly with the players instead of doing administrative stuff.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ben Hammond
Isaiah Abraham
Patrick Ngongba
Jaquan Womack

If we get any of those 4, Lamar deserves a raise
Hammond is the only one of that group that’s realistic.

Watched him play a bit yesterday. He backs up Daquan Davis on the Takeover squad so he’s only getting 14 minutes a game so far. 5’10 is generous.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Outside of the obvious 06/alum connection, Lamar is a very solid addition to the staff and we are lucky he wasn’t given an opportunity sooner elsewhere.

Experience with Team Takeover over the last several years and coaching at PVI should pay dividends now and in the future, not just with kids he coached, but with the connections he made with opposing players and coaches within the WCAC, VISAA, EYBL circuit.

Fantastic resource to have.

My guess is he is a DOBO for a maximum of 2 years before he gets an assistant job somewhere.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Not off-campus, but his AAU/elite HS connections are still a huge asset now that he’s officially wearing the Mason logo again. The player development position is such a better fit for him because he’ll be working directly with the players instead of doing administrative stuff.
We still have a Mason connection on staff at PVI. Myles Tate is an assistant and works with Team Takeover as well.

He15man

Starter
I'm going to be very interested to see how the combination of these 06 guys resonate with kids on the recruiting trail. If anyone will be able to weave a good story as to how come in together to achieve a vision and ultimate success... it's them. But that aside, Lamar connection and relationship with the PVI program can NOT be understated. That is absolutely huge.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
JFC Mason AD, can we do better than a employee ID photo that looks like a mug shot?

He's a school legend...you got some action photos on file....and he's now a high profile staff member, not a janitor..at least a fake dress shirt and tie? Maybe a composite of past and now?

These are the little things that make us us look 2nd rate.
One of the things I have always loved about Lamar is his smile. He radiates joy!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope we start to see some of Lamar’s connections come through in recruiting. Are we tied to any 24 or 25 guys from PVI or the greater DMV area?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hope we start to see some of Lamar’s connections come through in recruiting. Are we tied to any 24 or 25 guys from PVI or the greater DMV area?

Well there is Ty Bevins for ‘24, but he’s a PG County kid. I thought there was a forward out of PVI we offered?