Welcome Devin Dinkins!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
first off

super happy to have Dinkins on board. That was Kim’s first offer and the kid can play. I’m happy to see another well rated recruit, another local recruit and one from DC. When was the last time Mason got a recruit from Gonzaga hs? I can’t remember any.

secondly, for next year we could have

Gray, Hartwell, XJ, Dinkins, Polite. That’s 5 point guards. I can’t help but think there’s going to be attrition. It’s way too early but if Hartwell is on track to graduate I’d bet he’s most likely to leave. Maybe one other if they don’t fit as well as they thought/need change of scenery. Dinkins can also play off the ball so perhaps he plays with one of the guys I mentioned as well.

Right now they have no other spots for 2022, but I have to think one will open up. Whether they get someone before one “opens” will be interesting.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, this will be Hartwell's fourth year and Cooper's fifth (he had a medical redshirt at Morehead State). Big question mark if either of them decides to stick around for an extra year of eligibility.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure you can expect some transfers out every year now, and who that's going to be will be up in the air and unpredictable.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
secondly, for next year we could have

Gray, Hartwell, XJ, Dinkins, Polite. That’s 5 point guards. I can’t help but think there’s going to be attrition. It’s way too early but if Hartwell is on track to graduate I’d bet he’s most likely to leave. Maybe one other if they don’t fit as well as they thought/need change of scenery. Dinkins can also play off the ball so perhaps he plays with one of the guys I mentioned as well.
Agree. The handwriting will be on the wall for at least two of them due to lack of playing time this year.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, this will be Hartwell's fourth year and Cooper's fifth (he had a medical redshirt at Morehead State). Big question mark if either of them decides to stick around for an extra year of eligibility.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure you can expect some transfers out every year now, and who that's going to be will be up in the air and unpredictable.

Could it be KE sees the potential for transfers and wants to have depth at PG as insurance?

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree, the PG spot is a little crowded right now, but I'm confident it will sort itself out and there will be plenty of room for Dinkins when the time comes. Depth is a good thing. KE doesn't need to run anyone off, nor do we.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If they can score, no reason a PG can’t move to a CG role and be on the court at the same time.

that’s what I was thinking. Dinkins seems like he can fill up the basket, so he might be able to play with whomever. He seems like he creates for himself.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Look for Gray to play off the ball a bunch. He and Polite have the size to get minutes at the 2, but Gray can shoot it as well and he’s built like a linebacker.