Welcome Coach Tony Skinn!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Based on what I'm reading, Tony may be an even better recruiter than Kimmie.
If nothing else, Tony loves Mason and his pitch should be genuine and from the heart. KE is all flash. For instance, posting that one on one vid. He doesn't care about PC. If he wins there, it'll be sayonara in a heartbeat.
Maryland fans weren’t shy on Twitter about how Tony leaving will greatly impact their recruiting and leaves a massive hole on their staff. Hell yea!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I LOVE hearing that. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program in any sport. When you're not a blue blood where the name recruits itself, you need a dude who's damn good at it.
For sure!

But there is so much more to being a head coach and running a program. Installing a "system", adapting it to the strengths of your players, setting a culture, preparing for opponents, in-game Xs & Os, etc. Of course your assistants can help with these issues, but ultimately it's on the head coach. I only hope that Tony is up to the job.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For sure!

But there is so much more to being a head coach and running a program. Installing a "system", adapting it to the strengths of your players, setting a culture, preparing for opponents, in-game Xs & Os, etc. Of course your assistants can help with these issues, but ultimately it's on the head coach. I only hope that Tony is up to the job.
Think he’s more than capable and shall shine at Mason and if he leaves I imagine he’ll leave us in good shape…assuming of course the AD gets it’s collective $h!t together.