Welcome Blake Jones

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah the highlights are pretty mediocre-lights. But like everyone on here, I'm trusting English and crew.

Yea, the coaches teased and hinted this recruit (before commiting) more on social media than any of the others they've landed. They seemed especially excited to land him so they must see some genuine potential there.

He's not bad ..... really don't see any super WOW factor in the highlights. But I'm not a coach, or an analyst. I'm just a really handsome fan of the George Mason Basketball Patriots.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nic Mirich and Mike Virtue approve.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So this might not be the sexiest signing, but it’s kinda what we need. Our minutes eaters slots were filled, we needed another true freshman to balance the classes, and we needed depth down low. This checks both of those blocks. From the limited videos I’ve watched, he looks like a project stretch 4, and I’m fine with it. I don’t expect him to come in and immediately push for minutes so literally any production we get out of him next year is above expectations for me personally. We took a flier on a big body with a high upside, and I’m down with that. Every team needs role players.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea, the coaches teased and hinted this recruit (before commiting) more on social media than any of the others they've landed. They seemed especially excited to land him so they must see some genuine potential there.

He's not bad ..... really don't see any super WOW factor in the highlights. But I'm not a coach, or an analyst. I'm just a really handsome fan of the George Mason Basketball Patriots.
As are all of us!

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So this might not be the sexiest signing, but it’s kinda what we need. Our minutes eaters slots were filled, we needed another true freshman to balance the classes, and we needed depth down low. This checks both of those blocks. From the limited videos I’ve watched, he looks like a project stretch 4, and I’m fine with it. I don’t expect him to come in and immediately push for minutes so literally any production we get out of him next year is above expectations for me personally. We took a flier on a big body with a high upside, and I’m down with that. Every team needs role players.

agreed with this. It’s good that he will be joining 2 other true freshmen and have a chance to develop. It looks like he can shoot and has a decent ball handle.

fwiw he’s rated a 3 star on 24/7 and was ranked decently in the PF rankings.

This one is definitely more of a wait and see, but considering the quality of talent English and company have already brought in, this is perfectly fine. He might need some time and that’s completely acceptable too. If he’s any good (which we assume he is), his time will come.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So if the roster is now complete, who are the starting 5?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I saw a pic on twitter. This doesn't even look like the same guy. Twitter showed an older guy with a mop of hair with lots more beef.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was more so looking for a video that makes him actually look 6 foot 9 lol.
According to his player profile, says his wingspan is 6'11 and his standing reach is 107.5"

Also, looks like he got into a few senior team games in the NBL with the Brisbane Bullets this past year.

He also turned 19 a few months ago (2/27/2002 -- or should I use the international date 27/2/2002).

emjayar08

Sixth Man

According to his player profile, says his wingspan is 6'11 and his standing reach is 107.5"

Also, looks like he got into a few senior team games in the NBL with the Brisbane Bullets this past year.

He also turned 19 a few months ago (2/27/2002 -- or should I use the international date 27/2/2002).
How is he allowed to play professional in the NBL? Is he not getting paid?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How is he allowed to play professional in the NBL? Is he not getting paid?

Doesn’t have a pro contract. They do this in soccer too. Look at Loudoun United and some of the academy players who played for them and committed to college (Jeremy Garay is one example — 2021 commit to NC State, played 15 games last year for Loudoun).

Last edited: