Poll Vote of Confidence: Paul Hewitt (3/7)

Do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as Head Coach of the Patriots?

• Yes

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
At this point in time, do you have confidence in Paul Hewitt as the head coach of the George Mason Patriots? In past weeks, confidence has steadily risen and GMU has won 4 of their last 7, beating Duquesne, UMass, Richmond and LaSalle. Those wins were sandwiched around an OT loss to #10 Saint Louis.

Has your opinion/outlook regarding Coach Hewitt changed?

chart307.png

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am sorely disappointed. I had hoped for 100% confidence in the next poll and someone has already ruined that dream for me. Please people, for the love of all that is good, vote yes!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am sorely disappointed. I had hoped for 100% confidence in the next poll and someone has already ruined that dream for me.

Yesterday had to be tough for you, Brian. The women's team lost, and the men's team won. I'm here if you need to talk. :cool:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yesterday had to be tough for you, Brian. The women's team lost, and the men's team won. I'm here if you need to talk. :cool:
Sorry to disappoint you Tom, but I think I was the first (maybe second) yes vote. Are you the lone dissenting vote that is ruining our perfect 100% confidence?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Sorry to disappoint you Tom, but I think I was the first (maybe second) yes vote. Are you the lone dissenting vote that is ruining our perfect 100% confidence?

I have yet to cast my vote. I'd be lying if I said I have confidence in him, but I've also resigned myself to the fact that he is most likely coming back. I guess that makes me indifferent, although I am happy to see the team playing better.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I want to see Paul Hewitt succeed. The players like him, he's well spoken, runs a clean program, there's really not much you can't like about his personality and you can't doubt his devotion to the program.

But past performance is a thing, and I don't see PH magically pulling himself up out of this rut he's been in for years. It's been 10 years since he's been relevant, and since then he's been mediocre at best.

Can he succeed? Yes. Do I want him to succeed? Yes.

Do I think he will? No.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I want to see Paul Hewitt succeed. The players like him, he's well spoken, runs a clean program, there's really not much you can't like about his personality and you can't doubt his devotion to the program.

But past performance is a thing, and I don't see PH magically pulling himself up out of this rut he's been in for years. It's been 10 years since he's been relevant, and since then he's been mediocre at best.

Can he succeed? Yes. Do I want him to succeed? Yes.

Do I think he will? No.

Beautifully stated. I want to root for a winning basketball program, and I don't think we have to sell our souls to do it. Paul Hewitt seems like a great guy, but I'm not convinced he's the one to lead the program.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
There are lots of great guys who run clean programs and still manage to win. Time for Paul to leave.