Upgrade Underway

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice work on the site....I'm having an issue now though accessing the site through my phone using the Safari browser. I get a 404 Not Found error now....any ideas what may be causing it? Just started over the weekend.
I can confirm on my trusty iPhone 8 with Safari works fine - however we need to fix automatic forwarding of http://www.masonhoops.com and https://www.masonhoops.com to just https://masonhoops.com.

I would suggest pointing your Safari on mobile to https://masonhoops.com.

Scythe

Starter
Nice work on the site....I'm having an issue now though accessing the site through my phone using the Safari browser. I get a 404 Not Found error now....any ideas what may be causing it? Just started over the weekend.
What URL are you hitting? I'll check the logs shortly

Scythe

Starter
Alrighty, after that fun we should be good now. Everything baselined on 'www', certs reissued to allow for both www and not, redirects all go to www.masonhoops.com. Sorry if you have to re-login again guys and gals (didn't want you to get too complacent). ;)

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
A MASSIVE Thank You to @Scythe and @mkaufman1 for their continued work on this site to get us updated, more secure and more reliable. We're adding new features every day to take advantage of the new upgraded platform. Stay tuned for news on how you can support the site!

And thank you all for being patient while we have jumped hurdles and through hoops to get things done!

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is there any way to put the previous and next buttons at the top of the page too?
Just to keep from having to scroll through? No biggie. Just asking.
But I do love the site, the updated material, the comments. Terrific! Thanks! For those of us who love Mason bball, this is a dream come true!

Scythe

Starter
Is there any way to put the previous and next buttons at the top of the page too?
Just to keep from having to scroll through? No biggie. Just asking.
But I do love the site, the updated material, the comments. Terrific! Thanks! For those of us who love Mason bball, this is a dream come true!
The pagination should be under the page/thread title at the top left...or am I confused on the request?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I'm getting bombarded with masonhoops emails. I've unchecked nearly all preferences in terms of getting email updates and on the last few that I received I clicked on the link to indicate that I didn't want to get anymore.

How long does it take for those things to go into effect?

Other than this complaint, I'm fine with the new look.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting bombarded with masonhoops emails. I've unchecked nearly all preferences in terms of getting email updates and on the last few that I received I clicked on the link to indicate that I didn't want to get anymore.

How long does it take for those things to go into effect?

Other than this complaint, I'm fine with the new look.
Thanks for bringing this up! Can you forward the ones you're getting that are excessive? chris@masonhoops.com

psyclone

Hall of Famer
They were probably queued up from the last message board. Sorry!

From the titles of the threads, they appeared to be pretty current. I stopped having masonhoops messages forwarded to my email a few years ago as my habit is to check the boards a handful of times a day. Today in my junk mail file, outlook captured a slew of them but I didn't check the dates on them so I don't know if they are still being sent.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FWIW I personally don’t like when you click the mason hoops logo at the top of the screen being redirected off the basketball boards and to the overall front page instead just to the main basketball forum page.

super minor I know but with how well the last month has gone with everything surrounding mason basketball I have to have SOMETHING to complain about.

Scythe

Starter
FWIW I personally don’t like when you click the mason hoops logo at the top of the screen being redirected off the basketball boards and to the overall front page instead just to the main basketball forum page.

super minor I know but with how well the last month has gone with everything surrounding mason basketball I have to have SOMETHING to complain about.
I leave those changes to @mhAdmin :giggle: