News Trey Porter to Old Dominion

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Amen. I was always so confused when Hewitt would actually put Trey in for Jalen as a defensive substitution late in games, only to have Trey's man wait in the corner and eventually hit an open 3. Jalen has his challenges as well, but he was 100 times better at closing out on perimeter shooters than Trey.

Who know with Hewitt. One of Jalens strengths his freshman year was defense.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The other thing that drove me nuts was late in games when we were trying to come back and the press was working but Trey would have a golden opportunity to trap in the corner and he almost never took it. I assume a lot of the blame for that lies with Hewitt, but I couldn't believe Trey wasn't doing it. (For example, at the end of the Richmond game....)

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The other thing that drove me nuts was late in games when we were trying to come back and the press was working but Trey would have a golden opportunity to trap in the corner and he almost never took it. I assume a lot of the blame for that lies with Hewitt, but I couldn't believe Trey wasn't doing it. (For example, at the end of the Richmond game....)

thisX1000- mostly because I would constantly scream TRAP IN THE CORNER

Ok back to my offseason hibernation...

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Amen. I was always so confused when Hewitt would actually put Trey in for Jalen as a defensive substitution late in games, only to have Trey's man wait in the corner and eventually hit an open 3. Jalen has his challenges as well, but he was 100 times better at closing out on perimeter shooters than Trey.

Or when two years ago Johnny Williams, who shot like 13% from the line, was put right before we had to inbounds the ball up 2. Ball was passed in to J2 (of course), he was fouled, missed the front end, our opponent came down and beat us. Unfortunately, I forget who it was. It all bled together after a while.

(Before a Mr. Literal comes along, I know he did not shoot exactly 13%. The point is that it was low.)

gmuEX

Preferred Walk-On
(Before a Mr. Literal comes along, I know he did not shoot exactly 13%. The point is that it was low.)

The time it took you to explain yourself there would've been the same amount of time to actually look up the correct stat.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Pretty sure this thread took these boards from most likely a bunch of creepy old guys to definitively a bunch of creepy old guys.

Maybe we hit the reset button soon?

I'd say close button over the reset. Far too much discussion on a Ol' Dirty U player already.

He's gone. Good luck or GFY, I care not which.