Tracking the roster (2015-2016)

Dawgs99

Starter
Royal also hasn't really played much in the last 2 years, and seldom played at GT, so I'm not sure how marketable he is if he does graduate.

I'm glad Jenkins and Moore are staying, hopefully Jenkins can go back into beast mode like his freshman year.

Yea I was thinking a transfer closer to his GA home....maybe at a D2 school, there are several in Georgia and the Carolinas.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Is he for sure transferring because In Paulsen's pick and pop offense I can foresee a real role for both Royal and Marco next year

You're right, both of those guys are more natural fits for Paulsen's system than they ever would've been for Bozo.

Neither guy was adept at breaking down his man off the dribble. Both can face up and hit a 15-foot jumper. They both would be wise to stay.

Dawgs99

Starter
I have no idea if he is transferring or not, just though he might be a prime candidate due to his relationship with PH. I do agree with the skill set of Marko and Julian working much better with DP's offense. It will be so nice to see Mason run some decent sets on offense and actually make it a point to play thru the post when we have the players to do so.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Did Mayimba lose a year of eligibility? Will he be eligible next year? Has the NCAA even made a decision on his situation yet?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Did Mayimba lose a year of eligibility? Will he be eligible next year? Has the NCAA even made a decision on his situation yet?

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is looking into the eligibility of the people who determine eligibility for the players, so once the eligibility board is declared eligible, they will determine the eligibility of the players whose eligibility is in question and make a pass at Mayimba, who should be eligible, but for reasons beyond the current control of the eligibility board, is presently not, at this juncture, eligible.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm pretty sure the NCAA is looking into the eligibility of the people who determine eligibility for the players, so once the eligibility board is declared eligible, they will determine the eligibility of the players whose eligibility is in question and make a pass at Mayimba, who should be eligible, but for reasons beyond the current control of the eligibility board, is presently not, at this juncture, eligible.

jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
So, from Pablo's posted pictures in the other thread, it looks like 11 guys practiced around with Paulsen.

I guess Mayimba then is the only one missing at this early juncture?? Plus the two recruits obviously?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
not our roster, but its w/in the conference- GW lost guard Kethan Savage who is transferring to Butler.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Peeked in on some of this. As indicated, mostly small groups (~3 per group) with comings and goings during the hour I was there. Saw Moore and Lockett going one-on-one, big man drills for Shevon and Troy with Jalen in the background, and Isaiah on crutches leaving the RAC. The new assistant coach (I think) was helping with the big man drill. Much energy from Paulsen during the drills.

We all want to believe that progress will be made.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Peeked in on some of this. As indicated, mostly small groups (~3 per group) with comings and goings during the hour I was there. Saw Moore and Lockett going one-on-one, big man drills for Shevon and Troy with Jalen in the background, and Isaiah on crutches leaving the RAC. The new assistant coach (I think) was helping with the big man drill. Much energy from Paulsen during the drills.

We all want to believe that progress will be made.

More of the same on Thursday, except I didn't see Kelly helping out. On the door of the gym there were schedules posted---practices early in the day as well as for a couple of hours late afternoon/early evening.

I guess this is the time of year when coaches can work with small groups of athletes but not the whole team. Paulsen was very energetic; it occurs to me, with little to no help from assistant coaches, that at the very least, he's a very hard worker.