Thinking ahead: Homecoming 2023

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Okay, I know this is out of character for an old crabby guy like me, but I remember one night, don't think it was game related, when they had a wet t-shirt contest. My girlfriend refused to participate, but it was rather fun during the short time she allowed me to stay. circa 1977.
yea unfortunately we aren't even allowed to boo loudly without being yelled at so I doubt we will be able to get MILFS gone wet and wild at parking lot C. wishful thinking that I can get behind

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol I have to think they had a wet t shirt contest probably on a warm Spring day and not before a winter basketball game in January.

But yeah, like @sleeperpick, said, we aren't getting a wet t-shirt contest for homecoming lol.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, the alumni tent was a big letdown last year. The food was much better than it initially looked, but it was too warm for the hot drinks to be a big draw and the place was absolutely dead, so I left and went back to roaming the tailgate.

Brian, I came and got my chicken sandwich from you right away. It was much appreciated.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I should point out that one of our posters, @sigmanorm (I haven't seen him on here in a while, though), has always put together a massive spread at his homecoming tailgate spot. You should visit his if you haven't done so in the past.

If people are interested we could do a pretty awesome "masonhoops.com" tailgate that eclipses what the alumni tent gets setup with a little coordination.

Even if people don't want to coordinate/group together, if everyone just does their own thing, we can turn Mason tailgating into something pretty impressive.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Let's make this Masonhoops.com Tailgate official.

What's the scoop this year? Do we need to reserve a spot? What's on the pot luck list?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Last edited:

nynva

Preferred Walk-On
If my memory is correct when I started at gmu it was in the Fall before a football game and then it was changed to the last home Saturday basketball game of the season which coincided with us winning the regular season CAA that year. I wonder why not have it in the fall as a part of "midnight " madness

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If my memory is correct when I started at gmu it was in the Fall before a football game and then it was changed to the last home Saturday basketball game of the season which coincided with us winning the regular season CAA that year. I wonder why not have it in the fall as a part of "midnight " madness
You want homecoming before we scrimmage the women’s team? Can it at least be an actual game?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
we should have homecoming before a big chess match in Sub1. Guaranteed to get a big turnout.

Just hope its not on ESPN+, because we all know you wouldn't be able to tune in.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

It’s 1230-330. I probably can’t make it until like 2 but that’s the scoop. I also will probably just make a quick appearance but I’ll try to bring something or at least throw a few bucks in.
You have to "love" that the following site has a different start time (Noon) and also implies it is free to tailgate...

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The following link now shows the correct start time of noon (along with other information about homecoming):
https://alumni.gmu.edu/s/1564/GID2/...gid=7273&gid=2&cid=18415&ecid=18415&post_id=0

I emailed the Alumni director about the discrepancy on the sites on Monday evening and by Tuesday evening I had a response that the site was fixed. I am pleasantly surprised it got fixed and that it was done so quickly.