The Mindful Athlete

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...bf50bb6_story.html?postshare=1311433356558419

Vaughn Gray recalled what changed for him. Over the past couple of basketball seasons, the former George Mason University forward found he was able to “see the game slower . . . react to things more efficiently” during contests.

“I felt like I was maximizing my motions, and my playmaking abilities were more heightened through the breathing techniques,” Gray told me recently.

And where had he learned these techniques? In several classes he and his teammates had taken in July and August of 2013, as part of a GMU studyon the possible benefits of a “mindfulness-based intervention.”

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Very interesting read. If you read between the lines, imo, this was an attempt to study how Hewitt mind f**ked the team and how it could be reversed. Wouldn't be surprised if the government has locked Hewitt away studying his gift.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And there the virus lie is again. All the loses were due to moving to a tougher conference.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm sure Arledge leaving didn't cause any problems, either, right?

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm sure Arledge leaving didn't cause any problems, either, right?

Other way around. Some would say the problems lead Arledge to leave.

BTW Arledge had a great productive season with ODU, the best of his career. While that may not be saying much at least it gives us a solid example of how Hewitt's stench negativley impacts player development.

Imagine if Arledge had a compeent coach for all 4 years of his career.

This give me hope that DP could make players who currently look like busts actually materialize into the players we hoped they would be.