All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
vcu 8 seed... plays 9 seed UCF. Winner gets #1 overall seed Duke lulz

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
vcu 8 seed... plays 9 seed UCF. Winner gets #1 overall seed Duke lulz

I like them against UCF's run and gun...but Zion Williamson is going to just destroy that team.

Tech is a tough matchup for SLU. Maybe that defense keeps them in it and they sneak out of the first round.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As much as I was hoping for Greensboro to get in over ASU or SJU, once Oregon beat Washington, that was a longshot. Other than that, I dont think anyone here is sweating TCU, Alabama and Indiana being left out. Other random thoughts:

-Cincy is a 7 seed yet gets to play in Columbus, OH. if they win, they'd basically have a home game vs Tenn

-Marquette is a 5 seed yet Villanova is a 6 seed after winning the Big East regular season and tournament titles. weird.

-I was hoping to pick UNC and Kentucky in the Final Four. Not thrilled they are in the same bracket

-Surprised vcu was an 8 seed. thought they'd be more like a 10. And maybe they were a 9. I know teams get moved up or down a line based on geography, etc.

-Happy to see Belmont get in

-Oklahoma should be closer to a 10, not an 8 seed. I'm not a fan of teams that can't going .500 in their conference getting in, let alone an 8.

-Old CAA sends vcu, ODU and Georgia St to the dance.

-Again, thank you to URI for making the A10 a 2 bid league this year

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
you're telling me Paulsen couldn't land or recruit any of these Belmont kids... specifically a big man who is not absolutely unathletic or unreliable...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
you're telling me Paulsen couldn't land or recruit any of these Belmont kids... specifically a big man who is not absolutely unathletic or unreliable...

I'm sure a lot of Temple fans are wondering the same thing. Belmont has been a really good mid-major for about 15 years now. I'm sure they are landing recruits a lot of people would love to have.

Hell, how did Florida Gulf Coast get all those players to come to Fort Myers and play for a nobody coach in a nobody college in a nobody league? I mean, 2013 was literally the first tournament appearance ever for that team.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I keep hoping Mason and Belmont would go a home and home (or any of the Nashville schools). Short flight, and good competition.

Not a bad idea. We haven’t played any Tennessee or Kentucky school and those are both close. Middle Tennessee State, Belmont, Eastern/Western Kentucky..?

I do just realize we played Louisville two years ago. That doesn’t count because it was a guarantee game.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
FWIW, Dayton also lost last night to Colorado... so vcu is the last team standing from the A10