#Thankful4OL2

By George.

Starter
Debating and being overly critical are a part of fanhood but it’s always important to pay respect and enjoy someone’s efforts. This thread is nothing more than a space to talk about your favorite memories of Otis on and off the court. You’d have it no other way then to have his senior night vs vcu, right?

We started By George and joined up with GiantKiller.co 4 years ago and have gotten to grow with Otis. We have gotten to know him on a personal level and have met and chatted with some of his family. We met his uncle, who was a legit cowboy, at the A10 tourney in a Brooklyn and he was super positive and spoke highly of their family. They all fully embraced George Mason. We always have to tiptoe the line of fan vs media but have only shown love for Livingston and here are a few reasons why -

1. When we had no followers, no listeners and weren’t close to credible, he treated us like we were media. He’s never once said no to an interview even if it was at a meet-and-greet and I didn’t ask permission for it. His respect level is crazy even though he notices that we’re critical at times. The Otis that everyone sees and reads/hears about is truly who he is.

2. He’s given us his all and no one can question that....really though

3. He’s provided so much excitement during a time that’s seen Mason go from a joke in the A10 to a top half team. I want to go to tourneys too but game winners and Otis flex’s are fun AF and things I’ll remember forever about these 4 years.

4. He has never been an issue, on campus, in the classroom, on the court etc, not something we harp on but probably should.

Want to save some the stories for our OL2 podcast but here’s a thread to share your own stories about Otis #Thankful4OL2 Some of them will be featured on our show as well.

Dom, our writer, and Mason SID thought of the hashtag to have a central source for Otis content, so if you’re on social media, use it!

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Nicely said. I agree whole-heartedly. It's been a privilege to watch him play for 4 years and observe his devotion to the Mason community and program.

Winning games is too often the only focus of us fans. I'm sure we all want the players on our team to be good representatives of Mason regardless of whether we make the NCAAs or not.

The media lights may not shine as brightly as they do when the team makes the Final Four when each of the players become widely known. But as long term fan, I very much appreciate all Otis has done for the basketball program and for the university.

Thanks Otis and we wish you all the best in your life!!

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Students already don't know what #FillEBA means, maybe we should cool it on the hashtags lol
Agree, this hash tag is a bit confusing. How about #OtisMyMan!

But agree, Otis not only has put up amazing numbers but win lose or draw, he is always a class act. I love the kid. A mighty mouse story that can and has inspired a lot of people.

He will be a success in whatever he chooses to do in life because of his perseverance, loyalty and professionalism.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure where to post this, but By George GMU posted on their Instagram that "Air Grayer will be honored tomorrow night when Mason Takes on vcu"
Does this solidify the fact that Grayer will not return to the team next year?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
In more than 24 hours, 6 replies to a request for a tribute to our #4 all-time scorer and the point guard who helped bring us back to respectability. Of those, we've got 3 criticisms of the hashtag and one post about a different player. Cool.

Thanks for giving us literally everything you had Otis. More career starts and probably more minutes than anyone in the history of our program. Multiple game winners, countless highlights and whether a big win or a soul-crushing loss you greeted every waiting fan and showed respect in all your interactions.

The last four years have shown gradual improvement in extremely large part to you and your leadership on and off the court. Best of luck in what will no doubt be a successful pro basketball career and in wherever life takes you after that.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Otis has been the best part by far of the last 4 years. I appreciate his leadership and everything he gave to the program. Will miss his senior night but will be there at GW. Otis will excel in whatever he chooses to do post basketball and I am rooting for him all the way.

Jaire is also a favorite of mine. I wish his injuries/mysteries didn’t derail his career. I hope he gets a loud applause. He sat and cheered at home all year and I hope he has a great graduate season at a college that will utilize him properly and value him.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thanks for giving us literally everything you had Otis...

...whether a big win or a soul-crushing loss you greeted every waiting fan and showed respect in all your interactions.

This stuff...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Can’t say much more than has already been said. Ill share what I posted on Twitter in tribute to Otis. I’ll be watching from 250 miles away but I might be standing in my apartment cheering as if I was sitting in section 115.

“An under recruited undersized point guard brought in to play major minutes at a midmajor and breathe life into a program that was buried deep in the abyss and along the way become one of the all time greats. #Thankful4OL2”

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm going to miss Otis's circus layups that, when he's on, seem to be automatic no matter how insane they look going up.

patriotchild

Starter
Come on guys this is an obvious one ... #patriOTIS

All kidding aside, wish we could have put him in the tournament. Once in a generation player, logged the most consecutive starts in DI, brought us back, somewhat, from the abyss. Kid gave everything, sad to see it end like this.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
Come on guys this is an obvious one ... #patriOTIS

All kidding aside, wish we could have put him in the tournament. Once in a generation player, logged the most consecutive starts in DI, brought us back, somewhat, from the abyss. Kid gave everything, sad to see it end like this.

We always use the PatriOTISm hashtag but the issue is, for something like this, you need a unique hashtag so that the only content compiled is of Otis.

Didn’t mean to leave Grayer off this thread just haven’t heard what’s going to happen with him yet, don’t believe he knows either.

One of my favorite memories of Grayer is when he did the dunk contest and should have beat Troy Temara. We have the video somewhere but he did a reverse dunk and cocked the ball below his knees. Pre-foot injury, the guy had HOPS.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone else annoyed that, with the game clearly out of reach, our senior walkons did not see the floor on senior night? Or did they? If not, that is complete bull. Moments like that mean a LOT to these kids

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Otis deserves better. Hope they can keep their heads up and win Saturday.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Anyone else annoyed that, with the game clearly out of reach, our senior walkons did not see the floor on senior night? Or did they? If not, that is complete bull. Moments like that mean a LOT to these kids

Actually DiClementi did play, as well as Tempchin (soph). The other senior walk-on honored before the game (Logan Samuels) wasn't in uniform (injury, maybe). Enough to complain about without making stuff up.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer

I was thinking that Paulsen was waiting on Rhodes to "wave the white flag" and then realized that wasn't happening. Frankly, I felt the walk on's should have got on the floor at the under 4 media.