Student Section rebranded... again

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Admittedly, the sight of the green-painted shirtless guy I wish I could unsee!
I disagree. Now I am biased since I am gradually headed in his direction, but, I want to see more fans like this whether they look like him or underfed people. I am not gonna criticize anyone that comes to the game and shows that amount of spirit.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I disagree. Now I am biased since I am gradually headed in his direction, but, I want to see more fans like this whether they look like him or underfed people. I am not gonna criticize anyone that comes to the game and shows that amount of spirit.
support-team.gif

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The biggest of problem of all is that the front row closest to the bench is "reserved" for cheerleading/dance team "staff" that just sit on their phones and/or talk passively to the cheerleaders the whole game. This has been a problem with that part of the student section since I was a student near the end of the Larranaga era. Kick the cheer and dance team members/coaches that aren't actively cheering or dancing to the curb. If the cheer/dance staff/coaches insist that that row belongs to them, maybe they should actually do some cheering.

You don't see staff taking up the front row of the student section at Cameron Indoor! This is such an easy, simple, and minor fix that has massive potential upswings. It blows my mind that it STILL hasn't happened after 15 years.

They should follow Trevor's lead.
The recap on the Cornell site referred to the crowd as "energized."

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Yeah, whatever it takes. We've been complaining about student apathy. Guess we should be glad they are coming around.
Now, if he could just get the paint to stick.
(Still, it was pretty gross.)

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
As a former body-paint guy who's photo and quotes got into the Wapo in 2008, and that the author called my friends and I an "affront to society" - I salute his fandom.
Well, yes, he was an affront...to just about everything :ROFLMAO:

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
A humble suggestion. Maybe we refrain from criticizing fans that show up to the games, especially ones that show some spirit. I suggest that we take this approach until such time that we start selling out games on a regular basis, and then we can have a discussion about trading up with fans that couldn't get into the sold out game for fans that were not spirited enough. Then, when the entire stadium is filled with rabid, spirited fans, then we can talk about how an individual spirited fan looked.

Let the flames begin.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A humble suggestion. Maybe we refrain from criticizing fans that show up to the games, especially ones that show some spirit. I suggest that we take this approach until such time that we start selling out games on a regular basis, and then we can have a discussion about trading up with fans that couldn't get into the sold out game for fans that were not spirited enough. Then, when the entire stadium is filled with rabid, spirited fans, then we can talk about how an individual spirited fan looked.

Let the flames begin.
Aw, c'mon, we're just playing around!
Lighten up, you're beginning to sound like...oh wait.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

Let the flames begin.
I'm not saying he shouldn't be coming to games looking like that...I just need to avert my eyes when the fan cam starts focusing on the Mason Maniacs!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wild to me that we can complain about students being non engaged and apathetic, then come on here and shit on probably one of the most active single fans I’ve seen at a game in years. I wish we had 1000 of those kids at the game, we would have the best crowd in the A10.

I'm all in on our husky painted friend. He needs to bring lots of painted friends to every game. Now back on the other end, I'm growing tired of the dancers and their new recruit with maraca's. Didn't the dancers start with lots of fans around them? Let's put the painted crew down there with the dancers from now on.