Should we pay for the CBI/CIT if it comes to that?

J

JDK

Spectator
Yes or No? Some would say this will build Experience for Jordan Miller/Hartwell.

hoops10

Sixth Man
you mean we should pay for another loss. In fact I believe no one would show up. We need a new AD, new coach, who knows how to recruit, and stop settling for division 2 players. Mason is in a world of hurt right now.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
you mean we should pay for another loss. In fact I believe no one would show up. We need a new AD, new coach, who knows how to recruit, and stop settling for division 2 players. Mason is in a world of hurt right now.

This is some quality hyperbole.

Steve33

Sixth Man
on the surface I say no, However... not sure how these things work but I would leave it up to Otis. IF it comes to that as a possibility DP and BE should go to Otis and have him make the decision. This is his team, id give him the choice, hes earned that right after all.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I say no too. I’m guessing Paulsen feels the same way after trying to give Marquise and Jenkins a postseason experience and it backfiring on us.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
The prior CBI or whatever it was debacle was directly tied to the players being so emotionally invested in the upset of the vcu in the A10 tournament that year that they were completely deflated after they fell short and clearly didn't give a shit about that game against whoever the crap that was we played.

I think any consideration of non-NIT postseason bids should be considered in light of how the season ends in the tournament and how the players/coaches feel. Do they feel like they have more in them this season and WANT to play more, even if in a meaningless tournament?

DP should have a read on what the mood is after Brooklyn. I just wouldn't want to rule it out simply because it was a debacle in the most recent experience. The championship run in the CIT? was fun and would have been good experience for those guys had they had a coach who could capitalize on it.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The prior CBI or whatever it was debacle was directly tied to the players being so emotionally invested in the upset of the vcu in the A10 tournament that year that they were completely deflated after they fell short and clearly didn't give a shit about that game against whoever the crap that was we played.

I think any consideration of non-NIT postseason bids should be considered in light of how the season ends in the tournament and how the players/coaches feel. Do they feel like they have more in them this season and WANT to play more, even if in a meaningless tournament?

DP should have a read on what the mood is after Brooklyn. I just wouldn't want to rule it out simply because it was a debacle in the most recent experience. The championship run in the CIT? was fun and would have been good experience for those guys had they had a coach who could capitalize on it.

Given the current health of our team, I doubt many of the players are eager for more basketball. Miller is the only guy with fresh legs and that’s because he sat out the first half of the season.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Given the current health of our team, I doubt many of the players are eager for more basketball. Miller is the only guy with fresh legs and that’s because he sat out the first half of the season.

I agree that would be the likely sentiment. At one point I looked down last night and there were trainers working on Calixte leg, Aj's back and Otis's ankle. Looked like a halftime locker room scene from a sport movie where the plucky underdogs got their butts kicked in the first half.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree that would be the likely sentiment. At one point I looked down last night and there were trainers working on Calixte leg, Aj's back and Otis's ankle. Looked like a halftime locker room scene from a sport movie where the plucky underdogs got their butts kicked in the first half.

Can’t remember a season where we’ve had more injuries than this one. It’s ludicrous.

OP
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Anyone who supports this team to play in CBI/CLIT/Whatever, should be banned from these boards for extreme ignorance and stupidity. Who the hell wants to watch this shit show an extra game and spend $ that should be allocated to buy out the fool in charge?

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Yes. As a fan of Mason basketball I’m always happy for another hit. Can understand the no arguments though, injuries and having to pay for a game. But if they do play I’ll be excited.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes. As a fan of Mason basketball I’m always happy for another hit. Can understand the no arguments though, injuries and having to pay for a game. But if they do play I’ll be excited.

Excited to see a shit show? How can you get excited for this program after last night? The biggest game of Lil Dave's era and we got humiliated. Destroyed. Punked. Beat the F up. We might not recover from this whippin, ever.

OP
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Excited to see a shit show? How can you get excited for this program after last night? The biggest game of Lil Dave's era and we got humiliated. Destroyed. Punked. Beat the F up. We might not recover from this whippin, ever.

Dude I'm telling you, I want whatever these fools are smokin'.

OP
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Can someone advise the last time G Mas had a quality win? And I don't mean over a conference opp.