News Shevon Thompson selected for Reese’s College All-Star Game (TV info)

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"Shevon Thompson selected for Reese’s College All-Star Game (TV info)" by Alan Kelly

When to watch: Sat., 1pmTV: CBS Sports Network George Mason senior center Shevon Thompson (9.9 ppg, 10.6 rpg) will take the court one final time as a collegian, as he was selected for the Reese’s College All-Star Game. One of twenty seniors chosen by the National Association of Basketball Coaches, Thompson will suit up for […]

Continue reading...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My DirecTV guide is showing this game on CBS at 1pm and at 5 on CBSSN (both Saturday).

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My DirecTV guide is showing this game on CBS at 1pm and at 5 on CBSSN (both Saturday).
That's what I see too, on Comcast's listings.

Gotta love ambiguous press releases. They need to make up their mind what "CBS Sports" means lol.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Is there a boxscore? Couldnt find one. According to Paulsen's twitter Shevon started out hot w 6 points, including a three point play apparently. Kid from Northeastern got team east mvp

emjayar08

Sixth Man
He had two travel calls early. Didnt get too many opportunities to get rebounds, had a nice dunk from the lower block. He couldve had a better game, but the commentators did praise his potential and rebounding prowess.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
He had two travel calls early. Didnt get too many opportunities to get rebounds, had a nice dunk from the lower block. He couldve had a better game, but the commentators did praise his potential and rebounding prowess.

I think he had 8 pts including 2 FTs. The announcers mentioned more than once that he was showing more offensive skill than he had at Mason one of his hooks was a no-arc one that rattled in. A few times the guy who he was playing for some of the game (forgetting his name, but he was player of the game with a double-double and was third leading rebounder in the country) scored on a couple of face-up jumpers from the corner. Clearly a bad match-up for Shevon, playing defense that far away from the basket.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I can see the Spurs drafting him and building him into a force. Might take ten years, but still.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If he wants to, Shevon will certainly have a chance to play in the D-League and try to work his way up to the NBA just due to his rebounding ability.

If not, he can go overseas and make a very nice living in Europe.

Either way, his upside is huge. Because he came to basketball so late, he's still learning basic fundamentals that most bigs start working on in HS.

If he's willing to put in the work, he has an opportunity to be special. Athletic 6-11 guys don't grow on trees.

mason89

Starter
Heck, I wish we had Ernie Nestor over Paul Hewitt

I wouldn't go that far. After the first few years when he still had players from his predecessors, Nestor teams couldn't compete against lesser quality opponents in the CAA. The A-10 is far more superior than the CAA in those days.

G M U

Starter
Shevon will be participating in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament. As you may know, they invite the top 64 college basketball seniors in the country. Congratulations Shevon.

I believe Cam Long was the last Mason player to participate in the P.I.T.