Shaka to Marquette?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, GMU will still have Hewitt - it's tough for me to get too happy about anxiety in the vcu fanbase.

Let the vcu hate flow through you. Then, no matter how bad it gets around here, you'll always be able to delight in their misfortune.

MasonCrew

Starter
I don't understand why he would leave, but I'd like what it would do to vcu. This would be their ADs first hire. Might put an end to their string of good coaches.

In the end, I just see vcu paying Shaka more. I mean they gave their band instructor an increase when it looked like he was leaving.

Better for us they just pay him an obscene salary to stay. If Rhodes is as good as they say at least.

It wasn't so much that Mason couldn't have just paid L a 4th raise in 5 years in 2011; but would he be asking for 2.5 million now?

If so, happy to have ripped the band-aid off then.

We are! Mar-quette! Clap-clap!

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Better for us they just pay him an obscene salary to stay. If Rhodes is as good as they say at least.

It wasn't so much that Mason couldn't have just paid L a 4th raise in 5 years in 2011; but would he be asking for 2.5 million now?

If 2.5 was the going rate I'd hope he asked for that. I know I want the going rate at my job, as does everybody on this board.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

IF Larranaga had stayed and IF he was asking for $2.5M then that would mean that he had continued to be successful. I wouldn't pay any coach $2.5M but I wished I had vcu's problem with other programs trying to steal its coach. Instead we have the opposite problem; Eventually we are going to have to pay to make Hewitt leave.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think Shaka is just a tease. Some sports columnist from the Richmond Times Dispatch wrote a column saying that vcu isn't getting its money's worth since Shaka has failed to get to the second weekend of the tournament three straight years. It hurt his feelings. So he pretends like he is on the market so the fans will defend him and pledge their undying love for him after he says he loves Richmond and vcu one more time.

My prediction is Shaka will only go to the NBA

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

I'm with you on this one. Of the countless times he's said he's not leaving Richmond, that he likes it there, that he wants to build his own program, I've seen him get asked about the NBA. He always backs off and says he would consider any offer seriously.

Dude has Brad Stevens envy.

Hmm
I think Shaka is just a tease. Some sports columnist from the Richmond Times Dispatch wrote a column saying that vcu isn't getting its money's worth since Shaka has failed to get to the second weekend of the tournament three straight years. It hurt his feelings. So he pretends like he is on the market so the fans will defend him and pledge their undying love for him after he says he loves Richmond and vcu one more time.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is spot on.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
They'd probably just promote Rhoades. Easiest way to keep all 4 of their new recruits from following Shaka to Marquette if that came to fruition.

If TOC was doing the hiring, he'd probably opt for Jeff Bzdelik.

Would Shaka take Rhoades with him?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Steve Masiello signed at USF. Good hire.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️