Season tickets 2014-15

Pablo

Hall of Famer
It's lazy BS. With as much as teams are relying on high ball screens these days, you have to instill in your players that you are going to destroy screens with physical, aggressive defense.

It seems to me that trying to destroy every ball screen with physical, aggressive defense is just as ineffective as switching on every ball screen. Rather, IMO, the most effective teams understand when to do either. And, this is accomplished by good coaching, practice, discipline, and communication.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It seems to me that trying to destroy every ball screen with physical, aggressive defense is just as ineffective as switching on every ball screen. Rather, IMO, the most effective teams understand when to do either. And, this is accomplished by good coaching, practice, discipline, and communication.

UNCW became a dominant program for a pretty good stretch with one amazing shooter and a bunch of junkyard dogs who simply refused to give up easy baskets. It was almost impossible to effectively screen their teams because they were so doggedly aggressive.

Contrast that with the soft, lazy approach to defense we've seen since Hewitt's arrival.

Again, the coach sets the tone and dictates what type of team you have. If you install a system that relies on switching every screen instead of telling your players that the expectation is to fight over the top, guys get lazy and switch even when they don't need to. That's not good defense.

I don't know how many times I saw that last season, but I know it was too many.

Exactly. At that level you might even just let your players decide and make decisions, just as they do on offense. They should all be aware of the players ability they are guarding, and whether a switch is warranted.
There are certainly times to ask for all switches, or no switches as coach, but why make your defense easier to game plan against by being uniform all the time?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Exactly. At that level you might even just let your players decide and make decisions, just as they do on offense. They should all be aware of the players ability they are guarding, and whether a switch is warranted.
There are certainly times to ask for all switches, or no switches as coach, but why make your defense easier to game plan against by being uniform all the time?

Because even if you know whats coming, and you cant beat the defense, its starts to break the oppent mentally. Kinda like the old uncw teams did.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
So, I'm trying to remember all the steps I need to take in order to renew my season tickets for next season (pay Ticket Slavemaster their "convenience" fee, pay my Patriot Club extor- er, I mean, dues, contribute to the Humanities scholarship fund, pray 13 times to the basketball gods, etc., etc., etc.), and I noticed there is still a CAA logo on the Patriot Club page. What up with that? What up with that? http://gomason.cstv.com/boosters/gema-boosters.html

Plink833

Preferred Walk-On
So, I'm trying to remember all the steps I need to take in order to renew my season tickets for next season (pay Ticket Slavemaster their "convenience" fee, pay my Patriot Club extor- er, I mean, dues, contribute to the Humanities scholarship fund, pray 13 times to the basketball gods, etc., etc., etc.), and I noticed there is still a CAA logo on the Patriot Club page. What up with that? What up with that? http://gomason.cstv.com/boosters/gema-boosters.html

lol that's the Patriot Club page like 4 websites ago. The only way you could have ended up on that page was by googling and then clicking on link on like the 4th page of results or by not changing your bookmark for 5 years. If you look, that link has gomason.cstv.com; the Ath Dept left CSTV in 2010. But I'm sure that's Hewitt's fault too.

Try this: http://www.gomason.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=85595&SPSID=614068

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My overly loud and boisterous will be there barring business travel. When I am not therey son will drive over and go. I think he wants to talk to the cheerleader who fave him a number but bailed on him when he told her he wasn't old enough to drive. He thought she would be coll picking him up from football practice if he bought dinner.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hoping the sh!t heads that stole all the pumpkins on our block this weekend is an isolated incident and leave my tickets alone. Otherwise I'll have a Jai Lewis sized dildo waiting for their poop hole.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Tickets went from Louisville to Windsor Locks, CT to Philadelphia to VA and out for delivery at 7:19 AM.