Retire #21

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I appreciate the multiple thumbs down from you verdad. Everytime you do it, which is often, I know what I said was correct. I truly do value your opinion. Keep up the good work, and I'll try to continue to win your approval. Thanks!
lol pretty sure Verdad is a bot...

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Verdad the bot’s algorithms have been taught to dislike curmudgeonly rhetoric.
Well, well, well, looks like I've been punked or pranked or something. Happens to us old people!
Still wish we would have the same rules for religion that we do for politics. We're always told to knock it off when we do that. But I'm not going to fight it. Just expressing my opinion.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well, well, well, looks like I've been punked or pranked or something. Happens to us old people!
Still wish we would have the same rules for religion that we do for politics. We're always told to knock it off when we do that. But I'm not going to fight it. Just expressing my opinion.

All right guys what’s your hottest ontological take. I think we’ve need to exploit this loophole while we can!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hahahaha you guys. There was just messing around and no real religion talk. But because it’s one of those areas where things go overboard let’s not go down that road. Mentioning Jesus in jest isn’t really talking religion but let’s not go further in case some folks do take it as that way.

Sorry to be the fun police, but I think we are much better off when we argue mason basketball or debate dead horse topics.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Isn't G. Jimerson a guard? And Peterson was positionless. Chank was referencing Mason iconic all-stars and not necessarily a power forward. It's sort of like my own personal hommages to Makan "The Lion King" Konate and Benny Wanjara—Patriot super studs!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Isn't G. Jimerson a guard? And Peterson was positionless. Chank was referencing Mason iconic all-stars and not necessarily a power forward. It's sort of like my own personal hommages to Makan "The Lion King" Konate and Benny Wanjara—Patriot super studs!

Konate would have been a monster if the rim was 8 feet in diameter!

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm still not convinced George Evans existed. Never seen the guy. Never seen a current video or picture of him. I've only heard passed down stories of his triumphs and greatness. I guess that puts him in the same mythical-legendary category as Achilles, Hercules, Odysseus and Beowulf.
Don't mention him in the same breath as those weaklings....I was there. I saw it. With my own eyes...I saw him humiliate Cal Bowdler for the ODU-scope loving creten that he was....I saw him make Nathan Smith his readheaded step child...I saw him rip out the souls of Billy Donlan and Stan Simmons.....It was glorious....And how I long for it to be again....

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Don't mention him in the same breath as those weaklings....I was there. I saw it. With my own eyes...I saw him humiliate Cal Bowdler for the ODU-scope loving creten that he was....I saw him make Nathan Smith his readheaded step child...I saw him rip out the souls of Billy Donlan and Stan Simmons.....It was glorious....And how I long for it to be again....
Post of the 19th, 20th, 21st CENTURIES and beyond. Oh how the young just don't realize what they missed.

Last edited:

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Before college, I had virtually no interest in the game. I did March Madness pools and started following Mason my senior year in high school after I'd committed to go there. That's about it. I now consider myself a pretty huge college basketball fan. A large part of that transition for me was #21.

KAOriginal

All-American
Coaches and players have rolled through this program like an army of steamrollers. Our history has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But George Evans? The mere mention of him reminds us of all that once was good and could be again.

He may have once said--Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic shot, something we was born with, something that’s ours and ours alone, something that can’t be taught to you or learned, something that's got to be remembered. I want to be remembered. There’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die. Their glory lasts forever.....

They just don't make players like that anymore.....and why we must retire his number.