Question/Discussion

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think having more guards next year will negate the absence of Shevon. We literally have one true sg on the team and he's not ready. How do we even practice with 4 guards right now.

I agree we can potentially find ways to replace his scoring, but nobody will replace his rebounding and general presence — which doesn't show up in a box score. Another thing we take for granted is how much he prevents second-chance points with his rebounding. When he is off the floor, it's amazing how many more opportunities teams have to score in the paint or on missed shots.

My main regret is that Paulsen didn't have four years with him. I can't even imagine what a beast he would be if he has a more polished offensive game and was taught to be a dominant shot blocker.

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree we can potentially find ways to replace his scoring, but nobody will replace his rebounding and general presence — which doesn't show up in a box score. Another thing we take for granted is how much he prevents second-chance points with his rebounding. When he is off the floor, it's amazing how many more opportunities teams have to score in the paint or on missed shots.

My main regret is that Paulsen didn't have four years with him. I can't even imagine how dominant he would be if he has a more polished offensive game and was taught to be a dominant shot blocker.

Love to see what he could do with veteran A-10 guards on his team. It is too bad he doesn't have another year with Paulsen. In terms of wins and losses though, obviously there won't be much of a drop off. No where to go but up and with the guards Mason is bringing in I think they will.