Q&A with Coach Hewitt?

Dang, even the Skins knew it was best to bite the bullet and cut ties with Albert Haynesworth....

I'm sorry. I know how people hate the word, but I'm finding it very hard not going back to the word retarded.

Does a multi-millionaire like Daniel Snyder own George Mason? Are you a serious person or did I make you up as a parody one night?

Patriotfan49

Starter
I'm sorry. I know how people hate the word, but I'm finding it very hard not going back to the word retarded.

Does a multi-millionaire like Daniel Snyder own George Mason? Are you a serious person or did I make you up as a parody one night?

Are you just not going to grasp the point in any of this, or just keep doing you bit?
Ill make it very simple for you. We have a bad coach, he will be a bad coach this year, next year a the year after that.....he was before he came here. So if available, why would we waste away for more time with him then we have to. Waiting those 1-2 more years to make a move, could put us 1-2 more years down the tubes.

Patriotfan49

Starter
The point is that Daniel Snyder, or most NFL owners, can afford to lay millions down to rectify their mistakes. George Mason cannot right now.

So your NFL analogies are completely stupid. Kill yourself.

I understand you take pride in your comedic bit on this internet message board, but in reality you are still probably a late 30s, 40 year old man that dresses like Indiana Jones. As I stood in line in the alumni tent waiting to get some drinks at the homecoming game with my wife and friends, I noticed a grown man who looked like he should be on a safari looking for dino bones and wondered who comes out in public dressed that way, complete with hat.....got closer, and the name tag read yours truly.......Mother of GOD....this is him I thought. Unfortunate.

Anywho, the point has nothing to do with millionaire owners. The point is about seeing the outcome of continuing to ride with a uneffective player or coach after you realize what it is and for longer than you should, is a bad idea. To which I said, you see it in sports across the board, all the time and it all ends the same way.....Like Jim said, you have to pull the bandaid off at some point....why not sooner than later.

G M U

Starter
"So your NFL analogies are completely stupid. Kill yourself."

500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Patriotfan49

Starter
You would be a great AD

Lol......

Its not easy at all, especially when its such a crapshoot dealing with coaches. But to me like I have said, when you realize what you have....you should work to fix it as opposed to let it sit and get worse. That being said, I also fully realize that its not as simple as just firing him tomorrow or building a facility next month. There is much more to it than that, but I am glad TOC has rode off to the sunset and Edwards is here. Much more faith in Edwards being able to bring us back up from the recent dumps we are in.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I understand you take pride in your comedic bit on this internet message board, but in reality you are still probably a late 30s, 40 year old man that dresses like Indiana Jones. As I stood in line in the alumni tent waiting to get some drinks at the homecoming game with my wife and friends, I noticed a grown man who looked like he should be on a safari looking for dino bones and wondered who comes out in public dressed that way, complete with hat.....got closer, and the name tag read yours truly.......Mother of GOD....this is him I thought. Unfortunate.

Anywho, the point has nothing to do with millionaire owners. The point is about seeing the outcome of continuing to ride with a uneffective player or coach after you realize what it is and for longer than you should, is a bad idea. To which I said, you see it in sports across the board, all the time and it all ends the same way.....Like Jim said, you have to pull the bandaid off at some point....why not sooner than later.

I think the point Jollay is making is that Mason can't afford to pay Hewitt and a quality coach at the same time, so to fire Hewitt now means you have to take a gamble on an inexperienced low rent coach who, if he blows up in year one, we won't be able to pay him to keep him around.

The safer move is to wait a year, see what Hewitt can do with his back against the wall and then take the time to find the right candidate if he fails ( which he probably will).

You know, you criticized Hewitt for "scrambling to find a point guard," I'm not sure why you'd want our new AD to be scrambling to find a coach the second he gets here.

I really think the outcome will be better in the long run if we wait.

masonjoe

Starter
This is an important hire for Edwards, he's not just picking a young guy who overachieved at middle of nowhere university and hoping he sticks to win some games at JU. I would think he would need a few months to find the right guy to consistently contend in the A10

Patriotfan49

Starter
You know, you criticized Hewitt for "scrambling to find a point guard," I'm not sure why you'd want our new AD to be scrambling to find a coach the second he gets here.

I really think the outcome will be better in the long run if we wait

See post #200 for what I said:

"Im all for parting ways with Hewitt, but at this juncture it is a bit risky, just depends. If we dont have favorable responses to looking around, it may be best to ride this year out. That gives us a year in with the new recruits which could mean they stay as opposed to Hewitt being let go now, and there will be more availability in the coaching pool. Id assume at this point, it would be a bit more difficult to pluck an assistant or coach at the moment.

Right now, we all know what Hewitt is and isnt and hopefully he isnt in the long term plans, or even in the plans after next year. But firing him for the sake of firing him right now, and not having an ideal candidate that sets us up for the best possible situation, is not smart either."

Last edited:

Edit this enough? Maybe you'll think of something even more clever to say tonight and make this even better.

That's the great thing about the Internet. If only real life worked like that; you could have developed all kinds of snappy rejoinders back in high school instead of being pushed into lockers.

I hope you get AIDS sucking on Colin Kaepernick's presumably heavily tattooed dick.

I will one day wipe your seed from this planet.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. You are NOT invited to my next social gathering at the very least. We'll see about the next one.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Edit this enough? Maybe you'll think of something even more clever to say tonight and make this even better.

That's the great thing about the Internet. If only real life worked like that; you could have developed all kinds of snappy rejoinders back in high school instead of being pushed into lockers.

I hope you get AIDS sucking on Colin Kaepernick's presumably heavily tattooed dick.

I will one day wipe your seed from this planet.

Maybe I'm being too harsh. You are NOT invited to my next social gathering at the very least. We'll see about the next one.

lol its all good. I have no idea who you are, and you about me. I dont take this that seriously to where anything said is going to effect my day.

How many times did I edit that btw? I just simply moved it to the next post while I was typing it after you responded to the earlier one.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
While these two women continue their little lipstick war............the money is there to fire hewitt and if we have a guy Edwards wants and can get, then it should be done.

Patriotfan49

Starter
While these two women continue their little lipstick war............the money is there to fire hewitt and if we have a guy Edwards wants and can get, then it should be done.

Just curious, how are you sure about this? We have you saying this with confidence and then another person saying the opposite.

Not that it is really in our hands anyway, but just wondering

lol its all good. I have no idea who you are, and you about me. I dont take this that seriously to where anything said is going to effect my day.

How many times did I edit that btw? I just simply moved it to the next post while I was typing it after you responded to the earlier one.

I certainly don't know what you wore to homecoming. I find it extremely disturbing you know what I wore despite me not knowing who you are.

You want to wear my skin, don't you? You sick little freak.

I may have to edit my responses as well a bit here, too. I really don't know what to say. This is my first male stalker.

I suppose I should become accustomed to living in a pit sooner rather than later. And getting the hose. Again.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I certainly don't know what you wore to homecoming. I find it extremely disturbing you know what I wore despite me not knowing who you are.

You want to wear my skin, don't you? You sick little freak.

lol Figured you would take it this way.

I was just simply standing in a line that didnt move, and noticed the very odd way somebody was dressed next to said line and most people were wearing name tags (and your sn is what im assuming your name is).......Put it all together, and its not that shocking

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you gentlemen. This is much more entertaining than the usual Hewitt banter. Please continue with the discussion on fashion trends... us mid-west folk are a little behind the times compared to you big city folks, so I need to know what will be hot for the summer of 2014.

So far it sounds like the Indiana Jones look is out. What about Zubaz? Are they back in fashion (or have they really ever been out of fashion)? What say you?

This is why these boards continue to go downhill. People are psychotic and it's driving people away.

Why, we used to have a friendly little guy named ACW who knew a lot about Mason and the local bus schedules. Everybody liked him.

And then literally some guy kept threatening to rape him. I mean, physically rape him.

Not sure if he ever did or not, but you can see how that might traumatize the poor little fellow.