Predicted Starting Five for 2015-2016 season

Moore, Holloway, Thompson are locks.

IF Mayimba gets cleared, he'd be a lock as well at the "3".

Outside of that...I guess they could try Jenkins at the 3 again and start Marko at the 4, but that would mean Jenkins has to put in a TON of work this summer. A TON. If he doesn't....the 3 spot is up for grabs and you could see Abram getting a shot at it. If Jenkins isn't a viable option at the 3, I guess you have a battle between Marko, Jenkins and Dixon for the "4". I really think Marko is going to have a good season under Paulsen. Paulsen will use his strengths as a passer and get him those high post looks he rarely got under Hewitt.

OP
undertherock

undertherock

Preferred Walk-On
Moore, Holloway, Thompson are locks.

IF Mayimba gets cleared, he'd be a lock as well at the "3".

Outside of that...I guess they could try Jenkins at the 3 again and start Marko at the 4, but that would mean Jenkins has to put in a TON of work this summer. A TON. If he doesn't....the 3 spot is up for grabs and you could see Abram getting a shot at it. If Jenkins isn't a viable option at the 3, I guess you have a battle between Marko, Jenkins and Dixon for the "4". I really think Marko is going to have a good season under Paulsen. Paulsen will use his strengths as a passer and get him those high post looks he rarely got under Hewitt.

I'm gonna go with Julian Royal as my dark horse to take over the "4" spot by the end of the season.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Starters? I barley know who's on the team!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm going with me, Holloway, Thompson, GSII and gmujim92 as the starters, and I have Marko, Royal, Hugh Akston, Moore, Jenkins and Washingtonian coming off the bench. The incoming freshmen will have to earn their PT.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
I'm going with me, Holloway, Thompson, GSII and gmujim92 as the starters, and I have Marko, Royal, Hugh Akston, Moore, Jenkins and Washingtonian coming off the bench. The incoming freshmen will have to earn their PT.

#StartSigmaNorm

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would say Thompson is a lock. Moore is almost a lock. Holloway is a probable. I say Jenkins is a probable, because I see him getting back to his quality of play from his first year.

If he likes to play a lot of man (like some have said), I've got to imagine Jenkins is more than probable at the 4.

The biggest question has to be at the 3. If Mayimba isn't cleared by the NCAA you either have to start a true freshman there (which is possible) or figure out a way to put Royal or Jenkins at the 3 and make it work.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What the hell is taking so long on this Mayimba issue? He finished a year of college course work Im assuming? What else do these pricks want?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
#StartSigmaNorm

Way ahead of you. SigmaNorm is our team's motivational speaker, Pablos is the statistician, Gunnie will be the equipment manager (will full say on uniform design), Five Two will handle game-day experience, gmubrian and wijg will tag-team analytics for us and our opponents. And last but certainly not least, TSG will once again be hurling t-shirts into the crowd.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Good plan Tom, but DP better make Holloway pass the damn ball because I like to shoot it.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If he likes to play a lot of man (like some have said), I've got to imagine Jenkins is more than probable at the 4.

The biggest question has to be at the 3. If Mayimba isn't cleared by the NCAA you either have to start a true freshman there (which is possible) or figure out a way to put Royal or Jenkins at the 3 and make it work.

If we don't have a SF, it's conceivable the staff could play 3 guards and start either Livingston or Murrell alongside PH and Marquise.

Better that than force one of our PFs to play out of position ... that's a Hewitt thing to do.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If we don't have a SF, it's conceivable the staff could play 3 guards and start either Livingston or Murrell alongside PH and Marquise.

Better that than force one of our PFs to play out of position ... that's a Hewitt thing to do.

Abram is 6'7 (listed at 6'7 I should say), but it really depends on who is more college ready between the freshmen if Mayimba is still stuck in limbo.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Lots of potential scenarios, among them.............

Play to try to win some this year.
1 - Moore
2 - Holloway
3 - Mayimba - would really love for the NCAA to correct their cranial/rectal inversion and make a decision.
4 - Jenkins or Royal
5 - Thompson

Play for the future. Play the freshmen, live with the growing pains, and gain invaluable experience.
1 - Livingston
2 - Murrell
3 - Mayimba/Abram
4 - Dixon
5 - Thompson

Regardless, it's going to be an interesting winter in Fairfax. I have faith that Paulsen will make the best choices for the present and the future.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Aside from Dixon, I dont think these young bucks can contribute much. They might get some run, but my expectations are low on Deandre, Otis, and Kameron. However, these 3 are my Isaiah Tate all stars by year 3 or 4.