Paul Hewitt's Future

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I find it hard to believe that any other school would hire Hewitt at this point. I think there is a large enough body of work to conclude he is a fraud. Am I alone in this?

Does anyone on these boards believe any school in the country would hire him if he gets axed in a couple of weeks?

Patriotfan49

Starter
As long as it's not here, I don't care what his future is. As for coaching, I would wager to bet this is his last hc gig for at least a long while. I'm sure some school may get lured in by his ability to recruit 6'7 misfits and have him as an assistant.

Dawgs99

Starter
I don't see a guy with the ego of PH working as an assistant for someone else. His coaching days are probably over here in a few weeks.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
He might end up at the division 2 or 3 level. Even Pat Kennedy got hired for a d2 school.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm sure somebody will hire Hewitt as a studio or game analyst just because he's a well-known name and he's well spoken. If being an above average coach or player was a prerequisite for being on TV, Seth Greenberg and Tim Legler never would have been hired.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm sure somebody will hire Hewitt as a studio or game analyst just because he's a well-known name and he's well spoken. If being an above average coach or player was a prerequisite for being on TV, Seth Greenberg and Tim Legler never would have been hired.

This would also allow for a salary offset for the period remaining on his employment contract.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Reece Davis of normal mind
"Paul thoughts on the game and key for victory??".....

Paul "The Virus" Hewitt
"Whats best for this team is to play everyone that is 6'7 or taller on the wings, even if they cant shoot, dribble or pass Bc it creates obvoius mismatches everywhere. And really the biggest thing is timeouts, use em up!!, bc.its better for your players' mentality to play without a safety net. But really the biggest thing is having strong guard play. Those guys have to make all their shots from the low post and of coarse the bigs need to learn to feed those guards and keep em happy down low. And the biggest thing is communication. I used to have my guys bring their cell phones on the bench to better communicate during a game. I couldnt get my kids to do this, or anything well, at two well known programs, but hay, they gave me lots of money to try. It didnt work, and thats why im here next to you and seth Greenberg"

Mind f**ked Reeve Davis
"ok, um, enjoy the football errr, i mean, the bball game.

polepino

Starter
As much hate as he receives, its been mentioned before that he has shown some adeptness to tv analysis, and I can see him doing that. I will think he will take a break from coaching for a while before the bug hits him and he'll start answering calls for opportunities. Hopefully he'll have righted his ship by then. Its just crazy to think, after the heights he's achieved, that he's just a bad coach who 'lucked' his way to success. I guess he should have taken that break from bball that was apparently planned after he got axed from GTech.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Perhaps if he coached under someone who was worth a damn he'd of learned to deal with certain situations instead of throwing blame onto others i.e. players, Ga Tech. Good thing GMU has given him zero fodder to lay blame on them. I think he coached under steve kappas at villanova but that guy is hardly much to learn from. He didn't have much fire to keep coaching. In some ways Hewitt was unlucky, super lucky, and now is balancing out. Unfortunately at our expense.