P.I.G. or no P.I.G.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
NBCsn-Duquesne beating SLU by 9 with 7+ minutes left! DU hasn't beaten a top 10 team on the road since 1962.

SLU has been cutting things pretty close lately.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Billikens missing 3s (3-20)and every other foul shot,Why couldn't SLU they play like that against us.

67-59 with 20 seconds left. Duquesne moves ahead of Mason in trying to avoid the P.I.G.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
St. Louis has been the most overrated Top 15 team ALL year. A loss was going to happen soon. Except we SHOULD of beaten them twice. Its just not our year, nothing is working out for us. So frustrating that a goofy a** white boy named Rob Loe has the game of his life against us twice and then they go out and shit the bed against Duquesne. Ugh

vcu is going to whipe the floor with St. Louis on Saturday

Bricker

Starter
Ugh. Richmond just not showing up today-- getting housed by Rhody.

Bottom feeders starting to show signs of life... we're gonna have to step up!

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looking like the Duquesne game just got bigger. Hopefully UMass takes care of them. Even if we do barely avoid the P.I.G., whatever draw we get as the 11 seed is going to be tough. I'd love to get Richmond at this point, but they're sliding down the standings.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
According to today's Wash Post, we will not be in the play in game:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...9d2ce2-a0af-11e3-b8d8-94577ff66b28_story.html

The Patriots’ recent upswing has them in contention to finish no lower than 11th in the Atlantic 10, meaning they can avoid a de facto tournament play-in game on the event’s first night. The 12th- and 13th-place teams play each other in the first round and face potentially five games in as many days if either advances to the final.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
According to today's Wash Post, we will not be in the play in game:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...9d2ce2-a0af-11e3-b8d8-94577ff66b28_story.html

The Patriots’ recent upswing has them in contention to finish no lower than 11th in the Atlantic 10, meaning they can avoid a de facto tournament play-in game on the event’s first night. The 12th- and 13th-place teams play each other in the first round and face potentially five games in as many days if either advances to the final.
I guess the same people that do the logic for the post's economics views also do the math for basketball. At this moment we are currently in 12th place and need to win at least one more to get out of the PIG

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I was afraid we were going to peak too soon. Hewitt has this. Avoid the PIG. Peak in Brooklyn. Win tourney.

OP
sigmanorm

sigmanorm

Starter
UMass took care of Duquesne tonight, barely. Fordham lost too. Saturday is for all the marbles, well P.I.G. marbles

And the best we can finish is 11th I believe because URI is 5-11 and we lose the tie breaker to them.

My best case scenario for Mason....win Saturday (vs La Salle is meaningless) and have UR somehow beat Dayton. Richmond would have swept the Flyers and would finish 6th. Mason would finish 11th. Then just hope it isn't vcu finishing 3rd but somehow UMASS or St Joe's. UMASS plays St Louis...would the Billikens finish 3rd in a 3 way tie with vcu and St Joe's? That would be awesome.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And the best we can finish is 11th I believe because URI is 5-11 and we lose the tie breaker to them.

My best case scenario for Mason....win Saturday (vs La Salle is meaningless) and have UR somehow beat Dayton. Richmond would have swept the Flyers and would finish 6th. Mason would finish 11th. Then just hope it isn't vcu finishing 3rd but somehow UMASS or St Joe's. UMASS plays St Louis...would the Billikens finish 3rd in a 3 way tie with vcu and St Joe's? That would be awesome.

No, SLU clinched the 1 seed even with its loss last night. Pretty much everything else is still fluid at this point.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

We can beat vcu as weird as that sounds so long as the refs don't protect them as much as they did in Richmond.