OT--Tournament Talk

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/fo...ason-tournament-march-madness-1235959326/amp/. (Assuming this is an okay place to put this since it is a postseason tournament… if not one of the mods I’m sure will swoop down and move it around?). What do people think of this or should we be done with tournaments that don’t begin with N after our rough CIT appearance ?
1) hopefully the NCAA moves the opening of the transfer portal to the 2nd Monday in April
2) Teams structure NIL contracts that are back weighted so that pay is forfeited for transferring earlier than April 1
3) Assuming teams are still intact - more games in great cities are good for the players - both the seniors/grad students in their last season as well as those returning to next year's team

4) Tournament priority/value set by payouts with NCAA at the top - unsure of how much this one will pay out

5) are there enough post season tournaments to segment them out by size
1) Power 4 +Big East = Big 10, SEC, ACC, Big 12 + Big East
2) Mid-Majors
3) Everyone else

OP
P

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Closing the books on the tournament by saying sorry Purdue. I was rooting for ya. I wish I could be a sports genie sometimes so I could break up some of these championship monologies. I would throw Purdue 1, Houston 1, Gonzaga 1. Throw GMU a few CAA titles. In football give the Vikings, Bills, Chargers, at least 1 Super Bowl win. Get the Indians a World Series title for 97 (Florida can have 03) and Seattle at least a WS appearance in 01.