OT - The Redeem Team

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I wish they used the team as a way for college players and NBA rookies to play, get such a unique experience. Cap the age at like 23/24 or something.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I wish they used the team as a way for college players and NBA rookies to play, get such a unique experience. Cap the age at like 23/24 or something.

You should watch the documentary, it's well done. A lot more going on w/it then most people realized.

A team of college player and NBA rookies probably wouldn't have even medalled.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

They do this for mens soccer. The Olympics is a U23 event (they can choose three players over age). But they also have the mens World Cup that competes with the Olympics.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
They do this for mens soccer. The Olympics is a U23 event (they can choose three players over age). But they also have the mens World Cup that competes with the Olympics.

If by "they" you mean the Olympic Committee, then it's a level field for everyone w/those rules. Phoenix had referred to "the team" so I'm assuming he meant USA Basketball who puts the team together.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but it makes a strong case that the international talent gap has significantly narrowed and just throwing together better individual athletes is no longer enough to get it done.

Think of it as the Hewitt factor if you'd like.